ID:1937770

So this is a try at a single crystal and cluster, I believe I've mastered (or only adapt at making single crystals) but when I try to make a cluster it looks akward and wrong.I realise that part of the problem is light/shading, but that's how far I've been able to come using the tutorials I've found.some constructive criticism is needed :) thank you all in advance
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
9/10
Nice, immediately made me think of emperium(RO).

If you're having issues with the shades on clusters have you tried swapping the colors around for ones that are further back than the closer ones I.E removing the white and swapping it with the light pink and making the old light pink section the next darker color.

That tends to work for me when I'm doing clusters of rocks or something, but I haven't made crystals so might not work as well.
yeah I see both of your points, I will look deeply into color theory and post updates soon P:
Lovely!

Here's my take though. At first just wanted to change/tweak the palette but ended up making one version of my own(which probably sucks)

I think it would benefit if you study crystals(which I haven't done either :P) and choose a light source.

wow these are amazing, thanks for taking the time to make these :)
I see now how mine look all frosty but your take does not at all, not even the blue one.I did try to look at gems of other people but haven't really gotten far with it, I'm not good enough to perfectly show lightsource trough a transparent-ish surface:((
In response to A2J2TIWARI
A2J2TIWARI wrote:
Lovely!

Here's my take though. At first just wanted to change/tweak the palette but ended up making one version of my own(which probably sucks)

I think it would benefit if you study crystals(which I haven't done either :P) and choose a light source.

Combing the two together makes for a interesting outcome though. Minus the few shade areas I could have touched up xD.