In response to Lavenblade
Lavenblade wrote:
Do membership subscriptions count?

Yup.

I'll check the donor list at the end of the donation drive and page the Steam keys to all of the eligible donors.

Anyone who doesn't want to wait until the end for their Steam key can email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with the key when I can. If you do this then please include your BYOND account name in the email so that I can find it on the donor list.

EDIT: If you want me to just activate NEStalgia on your BYOND account rather than sending a Steam key I can do that too - just mention it in your email.
All I can do is $30 for now :P
In response to Silk Games
Thanks, Silk!
Thanks everyone who donated today! We broke $2000 and are almost halfway to the goal! The foundation of the ramen tower is complete =)
I went ahead and got a 6/mo membership.
Would anyone like my NEStalgia Steam Key? I already purchased the game in support a while back.
I would!
In response to Sarah Hawkins
Sarah Hawkins wrote:
I would!

Alright. Silk, please PM her mine if you see this.
Not that I have any money for this, but hey, no better time then now. Only a few bucks mind you, but thank you DarkCampainger for the generosity to Byond.
Thanks for doing this donation drive again DarkCampainger. Also thanks Silk for chipping in aswell.
Thanks AER, Megablaze, and Wanabe! Every dollar is much-appreciated =)
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:

Eaten at 3 a day (breakfast/lunch/dinner), that's 3042 days or 8.3 years of sustainable food for one person acquired in one month.

Eating 3 a day will most likely kill you sooner or later.

Technically, I don't think eating Ramen will kill you unless you choke on it. Even then, that's no easy feat.

In reality, you'll probably suffer from serious deficiencies that will merely hasten your death by a completely unrelated illness.
Blah, nothing a few multi-vitamins can't solve.

Somebody should do a super-size me ramen style, for research of course.
In response to Suicide Shifter
All of those participants never fully recovered. (they're deceased) :P
Looks like things are quieting down during the weekdays.

BUT GUISE

TAKE MY MONIES

It's the only real way to know for sure what effect all that ramen will have on Lummox JR. Are we not men of science?!?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Technically, I don't think eating Ramen will kill you unless you choke on it. Even then, that's no easy feat.

In reality, you'll probably suffer from serious deficiencies that will merely hasten your death by a completely unrelated illness.

That's like saying people don't kill people. Guns do. Cmon, Ter. Ramen kills people. But it's sooo good..
That's like saying people don't kill people. Guns do. Cmon, Ter. Ramen kills people. But it's sooo good..

No, it's like saying Ramen doesn't kill people, people kill themselves.

Totally the opposite of what you said.
In response to Ter13
I just want to clarify once and for all that it is People's Choices that are the result, not the objects or merely the people themselves! :)

When you think about it, choices have a lot to do with how your life unfolds. Humans, when born, have almost unlimited potential except what they define themselves into (those little peg holes that society likes to cram everyone through, or the culture where you are born, etc).
have almost unlimited potential

Statistically, this is dramatically untrue. The vast majority of people are born in the socio-economic class that they die in, go after the same career as one of their parents, and basically hold the same beliefs as everyone around them. When we look at reality, choice seems to matter very little for how people turn out. You can much more easily predict what someone is going to be based on their circumstances at birth than anything else. It's not a hard rule, but from what I can tell, choice plays very little part in who you are.

People's Choices

I've been studying philosophy for a good number of years. I've yet to run into a philosophical method of validating the existence of free will. At best, hard determinism is the null assumption. We can't prove free will any more than we can prove hard determinism, but free will is a product of a mechanism only insofar as we argue that "it seems absurd that it doesn't exist because it feels like we make choices."

Given any longterm study, we basically find that "decision-making" can be manipulated incredibly easily in such a way that people will always make one choice over the other even when it's irrational.

That said, I think choice is a necessary social construct upon which all of our social constructs are built, but I believe it's also a self-delusion we enforce upon ourselves to live in a fundamentally insane social structure.

What was the topic again?
Page: 1 2 3 4