The only scene that can be skipped is the first one and in the second source I sent you, it skips straight to the second scene. I can't make the second scene skippable because there's user interaction in it at the end. To make it skippable it would take some time and it would have to be polished. I honestly don't see how that has to do with the bug report. If it crashes in the scene, how can it possibly help to skip the scene? and even if it did help, that's exactly what the second source does, it goes straight to the second scene.

REGARDLESS, I am working on the skip right now.
My thinking is that being able to run the first scene partially might still bring about the crash in the second. The first scene never completing was causing me way too much trouble the first time around.
In response to Lummox JR
If the first scene doesn't complete then that just adds on to the bug.
Sent you the source with the skip. For some weird reason the game isn't crashing anymore, it just gets really laggy, objects disappear from the screen and there's a layer issue. There's also the light in the back that's being animated with animate() but instead of glowing as it should, it just flashes on and off as the camera slides down.
Curious results here. I was playing with your first demo to see if I could find any patterns, and oddly the timing isn't so badly broken if I run the game in DD and debug in DS, or vice-versa. I did find a memory leak on animations that appears to be pretty significant.
In response to Lummox JR
YES! That's awesome news, at least there's something to work with.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Animations could cause a memory leak.
I just ended up going back to the stable version, the game is completely unplayable now. I can't even walk around in the game without it being laggy. There's not even any animations going on...
I'll need more information if there's a problem going on. Remember, eventually a 509 build will be the next stable version. I need to be able to fix whatever you're seeing.
My fault, the problem seems to happen after adding this object into the game:

birds
density = 0
icon='spiritWorldBirds.dmi'
bound_x= 1
bound_y = 1
bound_width = 17
bound_height = 17
var/inAction = 0
layer = 3
New()
..()
src.dir = pick(NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST)
Crossed()
..()
if(inAction == 0)
inAction = 1
src.icon_state = "fly"
var/pixelX = rand(-1000,1000)
var/pixelY = rand(-1000,1000)
var/matrix/M = matrix()
M.Scale(rand(2, 3))
animate(src, transform = M, pixel_x = pixelX , pixel_y = pixelY ,time = 40, loop =1)
if(pixelX < 0)src.dir = WEST
else
src.dir = EAST
if(pixelY > 200)
if(pixelX < pixelY)
src.dir = NORTH

else if(pixelY < -200)
if(pixelX > pixelY)
src.dir = SOUTH

sleep(45)
if(src)
src.dir = turn(src.dir, 180)
animate(src, transform = null, pixel_x = 0, pixel_y = 0 ,time = 50, loop =1)
sleep(50)
inAction = 0
src.icon_state = ""

It happens in both the stable and the beta. It only seems to happen when you walk away from a specific location far enough and then you start walking back, the closer you get the laggier and the more screen tearing it becomes. It seems to happen if you cross over the birds at least once, although it doesn't always happen.

EDIT: reducing the pixelX and pixelY values seems to help. I'm not sure why that happens, what's going on in that instance? I'm still learning as much as I can about this engine.
The high pixel offsets mean that the map is trying to include a lot more overflow information than normal.
Page: 1 2