In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
JonSnow13 wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:
I only have two minutes before I promised my girlfriend I'd come to bed, so I thought I'd start a new topic. What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life? Here's one of mine:

Every single cross I've bought in the last eight years, the left arm has broken off within a week of purchase.

hmm...
every girl I absolutely despised in my life (RL) has asked me out, except for one, and I think she's just too shy to ask, if she asks, I'm going to think it's acurse...

Of course. Girls know that if you avoid them (generally a byproduct of dispising someone) them then that means you must have a thing for them... (Which means if you don't like em, you better be blunt!)

Okay forget I just said that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ya... I could be blunt, but I don't really like to make girls cry, I doubt anyone does...
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
Who are these ZBKers, and what are they up to? Are they plotting a takeover?

Following a hunch, I did a quick search and made some very interesting discoveries:

hackersclub
: tom 7 @ cs cmu edu : tla :

Coincidence? I think not! Something sinister and foul is clearly afoot...

Further investigation revealed this disgusting post in the deplorable newsgroup alt.sex.bestiality.barney (kids, don't click that!), clearly and irrefutably establishing a link between these despicable groups.

I am totally and utterly appalled. Or maybe disquieted. Need I go on?
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
Skysaw wrote:
Who are these ZBKers, and what are they up to? Are they plotting a takeover?

Following a hunch, I did a quick search and made some very interesting discoveries:

hackersclub
: tom 7 @ cs cmu edu : tla :

Coincidence? I think not! Something sinister and foul is clearly afoot...

Further investigation revealed this disgusting post in the deplorable newsgroup alt.sex.bestiality.barney (kids, don't click that!), clearly and irrefutably establishing a link between these despicable groups.

I am totally and utterly appalled. Or maybe disquieted. Need I go on?

Aaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

I'm being followed by DBZers!!
In response to Skysaw
I find America disturbing. It seems to be full of racists and religious people.
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:

I find the rest of the world disturbing. It seems to be full of people who are ready to condemn the entire American populace just because 99.3% of us are racists and religious people (generally both).
In response to Botman

At least our racists come in a wide variety of colors!

As for religious people... they come in a pretty wide variety, too. But I can certainly understand the impulse to lump them all together in one big category for condemnation.

In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
Botman wrote:
At least our racists come in a wide variety of colors!

As for religious people... they come in a pretty wide variety, too. But I can certainly understand the impulse to lump them all together in one big category for condemnation.

I find the rest of the world disturbing. It seems to be full of people who are ready to condemn the entire American populace just because 99.3% of us are racists and religious people (generally both).

Heh. I'm not saying we don't have racists or religious people here, but well, America just asks to be hasseld.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Hehee! Do you dream in color, Elorien? ;)

Y'mean most people DON'T?!?!?!

Whoa. That's just weird =O
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:

All dreams that I can remember having have been in colour. The ones that I thought were real were in bright everyday colour.

The hokey nightmare-ish ones were all in drab colours, like what would happen if you multiplied all of the icons by 0.5.

(That's a BYOND joke, fellas. But the information is true.)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:

All dreams that I can remember having have been in colour. The ones that I thought were real were in bright everyday colour.

Same here.. To think that some people don't have colour dreams is kinda weird!

The hokey nightmare-ish ones were all in drab colours, like what would happen if you multiplied all of the icons by 0.5.

Ditto, again. When I was younger, I had some pretty freaky dreams, that I still remember and am scared by to this day. Some nightmares were just weird, though. For example, I distinctly remember having my house cut in half by giant slugs, then they grew a foot and stepped on my brother.

o.O

Then again, I remember a freaky nightmare where there was a floating mask in the hardware store. It kept following me around, and it was all voodooey. Next day, on the TV, I saw something that looked EXACTLY like it. That dream recurred several times, in different forms.
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:

It is weird, but most people don't dream in color. It's been why too long since my psych classes to give you numbers.

It is weird, but most people don't dream in color. It's been why too long since my psych classes to give you numbers.
Well they musta picked weird people to test to get those numbers (I'm not saying there wrong or anything), cause I, like all the others here it would seem, dream only in colour.
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
cut...
Then again, I remember a freaky nightmare where there was a floating mask in the hardware store. It kept following me around, and it was all voodooey. Next day, on the TV, I saw something that looked EXACTLY like it. That dream recurred several times, in different forms.

In my dreams, I was alway catched around by something...
Guess I always have this feeling...
"Big Brother Is Watching You!"
In response to sunzoner
sunzoner wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
cut...

Sound like Crash Bandicoot to me, the mask and all.

In my dreams, I was alway catched around by something...
Guess I always have this feeling...
"Big Brother Is Watching You!"

OH wait, the most bloody strange thing, some times when I'm dreaming I'll actually realise I'm dreaming and pretty much become able to control whats going on. Guess what I choose to dream about when I seem to become "aware" or whats going on? No, not sex (surprisingly), it's skydiving/flying actually. yes thats right, I can pick whatever I want and I choose skydiving (without a parachoot I might add, but Im magic in my dreams and dont get hurt when I land and no I'm not making this up, I actually dream this).

odd eh?
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life?

Every time I get into a good mood for any reason whatsoever, there is always someone readily prepared to screw up my life 5 minutes after. I find this very disturbing.

This happens to me everytime...
In response to sunzoner
sunzoner wrote:
Foomer wrote:
What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life?

Every time I get into a good mood for any reason whatsoever, there is always someone readily prepared to screw up my life 5 minutes after. I find this very disturbing.

This happens to me everytime...

its called a "wife" ;)
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
Well they musta picked weird people to test to get those numbers (I'm not saying there wrong or anything), cause I, like all the others here it would seem, dream only in colour.

*looks curiously around the forum* Well, I hate to be the one that says it, but we are a collection of rather weird people. ;)

It's been a while since I studied psych, and the things I studied might not apply anymore. Psychology is always changing.

Besides, psychology is called an "inexact science." It's more about guessing than it is about scientific method, because the human mind is so complex we haven't learned to isolate all the variables yet.

Voodoo is an inexact science too. A hougan does something and sometimes the desired effect happens. They just overlook other variables that might influence the experiment.
Shadowdarke wrote:
Voodoo is an inexact science too. A hougan does something and sometimes the desired effect happens. They just overlook other variables that might influence the experiment.

I'm looking to get into voodoo. I'm trivial about it, because it's paganist. Isn't it?
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
OH wait, the most bloody strange thing, some times when I'm dreaming I'll actually realise I'm dreaming and pretty much become able to control whats going on. Guess what I choose to dream about when I seem to become "aware" or whats going on? No, not sex (surprisingly), it's skydiving/flying actually. yes thats right, I can pick whatever I want and I choose skydiving (without a parachoot I might add, but Im magic in my dreams and dont get hurt when I land and no I'm not making this up, I actually dream this).

odd eh?

Heh, that's what I was saying earlier. Strangely enough, when I get control of a dream I fly. :)
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:

I'm looking to get into voodoo. I'm trivial about it, because it's paganist. Isn't it?

Any non-christian is pagan. Some practicioners are christian (or think they are) but voodoo is certainly not a part of christianity.

At any rate, I'd avoid voodoo if I were you. It's not a friendly occult practise. (Of course, few people practise the occult to be friendly...)
Page: 1 2 3