In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
cut...
Heh, that's what I was saying earlier. Strangely enough, when I get control of a dream I fly. :)

The free falling dreams seems to indicate a feel of lack of control or insecurity...
Shadowdarke wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
Voodoo is an inexact science too. A hougan does something and sometimes the desired effect happens. They just overlook other variables that might influence the experiment.

I'm looking to get into voodoo. I'm trivial about it, because it's paganist. Isn't it?

Any non-christian is pagan. Some practicioners are christian (or think they are) but voodoo is certainly not a part of christianity.

At any rate, I'd avoid voodoo if I were you. It's not a friendly occult practise. (Of course, few people practise the occult to be friendly...)

Hmm. Dang. Oh well.. I guess yer right. I'll find another magical practice to... practice. I guess all practices like voodooism are "wrong", though.

Any suggestions? ;)
In response to sunzoner
sunzoner wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
cut...
Heh, that's what I was saying earlier. Strangely enough, when I get control of a dream I fly. :)

The free falling dreams seems to indicate a feel of lack of control or insecurity...

So what do dreams of controlled flight like mine, or dreams of controlled descent like Botman's mean?
Shadowdarke wrote:
sunzoner wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
cut...

So what do dreams of controlled flight like mine, or dreams of controlled descent like Botman's mean?

Yeah, cause neither of us where actually free falling as we had complete(?) control. As well as my controled decent thingy (which was great fun) I also dremt I was flying at the beach (while the rest of my family walked just below me). So what do those dreams mean?

=)
Shadowdarke wrote:
Elorien wrote:
heheeh, I can see the future in my dreams sometimes ^_~ its a real pain in the ass tho.. when the even happens I feel like Im completely locked into it.. having no hope, even for an instant, is about the worst thing a person can feel x.x;;;; Ive only ever been able to change what happened -once- ... that that happened when I passed out from the shock of trying to change it @.@ I wouldnt wish my abilities on anyone ;; so who wished them on me?! >.<;;;

anyways, Ill stop ranting @.@ *LOL*

Elorien

So if you learn to control your dreams, can you control the future? :) They say if you dream in color, you can control your dreams. I've done it a couple times but usually I don't realize I'm dreaming until I wake up. If you know it's just a dream, it's not much fun controlling it anyway. :P If I knew I was dreaming the future though...

Hehee! Do you dream in color, Elorien? ;)

Hehe, I remember once in my entire life where I knew I was dreaming, and that was one of the most terrifying dreams ive ever had cuz it just...kept going on :P *shivers*

Alathon
LexyBitch wrote:

Every single cross I've bought in the last eight years, the left arm has broken off within a week of purchase.

Wow! Me too! Now thats disquieting.

(Of course, I have bought zero crosses in the last eight years, but still.)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

Every single cross I've bought in the last eight years, the left arm has broken off within a week of purchase.

Wow! Me too! Now thats disquieting.

(Of course, I have bought zero crosses in the last eight years, but still.)

You call that disquieting? All of my cross purchases of the past eight years have spontaneously transformed into giant many-mouthed tentacle beasts.
LexyBitch wrote:
I only have two minutes before I promised my girlfriend I'd come to bed, so I thought I'd start a new topic. What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life? Here's one of mine:

2 words....Green Lime.........
In response to Vortezz
At any rate, I'd avoid voodoo if I were you. It's not a friendly occult practise. (Of course, few people practise the occult to be friendly...)

Hmm. Dang. Oh well.. I guess yer right. I'll find another magical practice to... practice. I guess all practices like voodooism are "wrong", though.

Any suggestions? ;)

How about catechism? ;-)
Shadowdarke wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
Hehee! Do you dream in color, Elorien? ;)

Y'mean most people DON'T?!?!?!

Whoa. That's just weird =O

It is weird, but most people don't dream in color. It's been why too long since my psych classes to give you numbers.

The original idea that people don't dream in color is only one half of the theory... the other half is, "People just think that they do."

The question is, if you think something about something that only exists inside your head, how can it be wrong? For this to hold true, dreams would have to have some sort of quantifiable existence outside of our memories. I'm not saying that they don't... just that no scientist has ever found an example of such an existence and looked at an existence to see if it's in color. Or has an odor. Or contains recognizable text. (This is another one... when you read a sign in a dream, you're not really reading it. You only look at the sign and know what it means so you think you're reading it. Loopy, huh?)

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure all of these generalizations about dreams are some of Freud's little ideas. He had a lot of them. If you ignore them, they'll go away.
Shadowdarke wrote:
Vortezz wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
Voodoo is an inexact science too. A hougan does something and sometimes the desired effect happens. They just overlook other variables that might influence the experiment.

I'm looking to get into voodoo. I'm trivial about it, because it's paganist. Isn't it?

Any non-christian is pagan. Some practicioners are christian (or think they are) but voodoo is certainly not a part of christianity.

Actually, any country-dweller is a pagan. That's the original meaning of the word, anyway... the term "pagan" was first applied to heretics by church propagandists (self-titled... their job was to propagate the faith, and this is also the origin of the word "propaganda") to suggest that followers of other religions were hicks. Same thing with the word heathen... root word being "heath." These same marketing geniuses also conceived of the notion that witches wore wide-brimmed conical hats... a fashion that had been out of style for generations, and thus marked them as being "backwards" or old-fashioned.

As far as whether or not a particular person is Christian... you can debate that all you want, but I think the only conclusive conclusion that can be reached is that no one on earth can decide who is and who isn't.

If you want to generalize about it... but you could say that Christianity isn't a friendly practice, on account of the inquisitors and witch hunters and pardon sellers and king-making popes. In its island birthplace, where the religion of voudoun is entrenched and tied heavily to local power structures, it's a pretty daunting thing. American voudoun societies tend to be benign. Even in Haiti, they don't use fetish dolls... that idea is a result of the typical Western/Christian view whereby all non-Christian practices are lumped together. If one group of Satan-worshipping godless heathens is believed to do something, then they all must. The hougan's real "big gun" is the zombi powder. In a religion that evolved among slaves, perpetual mindless bondage is a fate worse than death.

Side note: According to three relatively scholarly sources I've read, electroencephalographs of persons believed to be "mounted" by loa (voudoun totems, a sort of cross between an incarnation of a god and a possessing spirit), persons possessed by a Christian (anti-Christian?) demon, and participants in a Pentecostal "holy roller"-type service that have "the Spirit upon" them all show two distinctly different wave patterns.
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
sunzoner wrote:
Shadowdarke wrote:
cut...

Yeah, cause neither of us where actually free falling as we had complete(?) control. As well as my controled decent thingy (which was great fun) I also dremt I was flying at the beach (while the rest of my family walked just below me). So what do those dreams mean?

=)

According to one popular theory, dreams of flying represent lack of inhibition... total liberation... and most importantly, sex.
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
If you want to generalize about it... but you could say that Christianity isn't a friendly practice

I do. :P I don't really want to go down that road though... I guess I should have steered clear of voodoo too. I find the thought of someone turning me into a mindless zombi horrifying. I guess that is what flavored my veiws. The same could be said of television networks. :P
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
According to one popular theory, dreams of flying represent lack of inhibition... total liberation... and most importantly, sex.

Heh, that has to be a Freudian interpretation. ;)
Shadowdarke wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:
If you want to generalize about it... but you could say that Christianity isn't a friendly practice

I do. :P I don't really want to go down that road though... I guess I should have steered clear of voodoo too. I find the thought of someone turning me into a mindless zombi horrifying. I guess that is what flavored my veiws. The same could be said of television networks. :P

Oh! Okay. I assumed that you were operating under the popular view of what voodoo is. If your dislike is based on actual knowledge, that's an entirely different matter.
In response to Leftley
Now thats weird anything I buy and I mean anything turns into some sorta blood hungry monster Example:The Man Eatting Fish from last week. or how bout the Man Eatting Wolves from a few weeks ago..Now i call that odd.
Page: 1 2 3