ID:194001

I only have two minutes before I promised my girlfriend I'd come to bed, so I thought I'd start a new topic. What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life? Here's one of mine:

Every single cross I've bought in the last eight years, the left arm has broken off within a week of purchase.

[EDIT]

Actually, I looked at my crosses, and it's the right arm that breaks.
LexyBitch wrote:
I only have two minutes before I promised my girlfriend I'd come to bed, so I thought I'd start a new topic. What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life? Here's one of mine:

Every single cross I've bought in the last eight years, the left arm has broken off within a week of purchase.

hmm...
every girl I absolutely despised in my life (RL) has asked me out, except for one, and I think she's just too shy to ask, if she asks, I'm going to think it's acurse...
LexyBitch wrote:

Holy crap. That's pretty scary..

Lemme think..

I can't think of anything! Blast. Oh.. well, this doesn't happen all the time, but...

Once, I was watching the Space channel, and there was a program on the Apocolypse. It said that on 12/12/2012, all the appliances and electronics would get a mind of their own, and that's how the apocolypse would happen. Five minutes after that, my TV just turned off. There was NO storm, the plug ins were fine, and everything. There was LOL Ashi. absolutely no reason that it should have turned off. This has happened about 4 or 5 times.

-shivers in fear-

Also, I always have ESP type visions, and I'm constantly seeing myself die.

I'm a very disturbed person.
In response to JonSnow13
JonSnow13 wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

hmm...
every girl I absolutely despised in my life (RL) has asked me out, except for one, and I think she's just too shy to ask, if she asks, I'm going to think it's acurse...

Of course. Girls know that if you avoid them (generally a byproduct of dispising someone) them then that means you must have a thing for them... (Which means if you don't like em, you better be blunt!)

Okay forget I just said that I have no idea what I'm talking about.
In response to Vortezz

Once, I was watching the Space channel, and there was a program on the Apocolypse. It said that on 12/12/2012, all the appliances and electronics would get a mind of their own, and that's how the apocolypse would happen. Five minutes after that, my TV just turned off. There was NO storm, the plug ins were fine, and everything. There was LOL Ashi. absolutely no reason that it should have turned off. This has happened about 4 or 5 times.

-shivers in fear-

Oh yes, I've discovered the number 1 cause of this shock, at least where I live, is squirrels. They like to run along the powerlines and get fried, causing massive blackouts. And they love to do it right after I finish something I'm really happy with and haven't quite gotten around to saving yet.

Oh, and I always tend to answer people's questions before they ask them. I don't really think it's ESP, I just believe I am so rediculously smart that I know what they're thinking. (Kinda, and yes, I do this to help my self esteem)

Dreams are fun.
LexyBitch wrote:

That's because crosses are cheaply made. You'd have to get a cast-iron steel cross to avoid breakage. Personally I just say you'd be better off not buying fragile little imagines of a hanging dead guy anyway. Might as well have a hanging electric chair or gillotine (Yeah I bet people would like that). They'd probably break less too.

There now I have fulfilled my strange personal obligation to reply to everyone who has posted on this thread.
What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life?

Every time I get into a good mood for any reason whatsoever, there is always someone readily prepared to screw up my life 5 minutes after. I find this very disturbing.

In response to Foomer

Every time I get into a good mood for any reason whatsoever, there is always someone readily prepared to screw up my life 5 minutes after. I find this very disturbing.

Don't ask why I'm replying to myself.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Don't ask why I'm replying to myself.

That's rather disquieting.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
What are the weird, eerie, disquieting, and/or disturbing things you've noticed in your life?

I think one would grow to find that oddly comforting... having something in life be perfectly reliable. Of course, the same thing could be said about my crosses breaking.
LexyBitch wrote:

I have noticed a license plate conspiracy in Virginia. There is a theoretical maximum of 10,000 plates that begin with the letters "ZBK" (not including vanity plates), and one would think just as many that started with other combinations of letters.

Well about two years ago, I started noticing a lot of these ZBKers running around. Too many. And I take them as a sign of impending misfortune. I don't know why, but I do.

I know what you think... I keep seeing the same couple of cars over and over. Well trust me, I have seen them all over the state, hundreds of miles apart, and parked on random streets in DC and MD as well.

Then you think maybe I just happen to notice this combination, but if I fixated on another, I'd see it was just as many.... Nope. I have several "check" plates I look for: I have never seen a plate that begins with "ZOO," "ZZZ," "ZYX," or "ZIP." I HAVE seen hundreds and hundreds of ZBKs, though.

The most frightening part is having a ZBK cut you off in traffic. One's mind begins to race. Who are these ZBKers, and what are they up to? Are they plotting a takeover?

/mob/skysaw
LexyBitch wrote:

Japanese commercials. Most notably Japanese commercials for -video- games.

Those have to be the most disturbing things in existance @.@

Elorien

Oh, and Serial Experements: Lain is pretty messed up too ^_~

And these -have- happened to me >:P I have friends that import anime from japanese tv.. more often then not we watch it for the commercials rather then the actual show @.@ *LOL*
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

I have noticed a license plate conspiracy in Virginia. There is a theoretical maximum of 10,000 plates that begin with the letters "ZBK" (not including vanity plates), and one would think just as many that started with other combinations of letters.

Well about two years ago, I started noticing a lot of these ZBKers running around. Too many. And I take them as a sign of impending misfortune. I don't know why, but I do.

I know what you think... I keep seeing the same couple of cars over and over. Well trust me, I have seen them all over the state, hundreds of miles apart, and parked on random streets in DC and MD as well.

Then you think maybe I just happen to notice this combination, but if I fixated on another, I'd see it was just as many.... Nope. I have several "check" plates I look for: I have never seen a plate that begins with "ZOO," "ZZZ," "ZYX," or "ZIP." I HAVE seen hundreds and hundreds of ZBKs, though.

The most frightening part is having a ZBK cut you off in traffic. One's mind begins to race. Who are these ZBKers, and what are they up to? Are they plotting a takeover?

/mob/skysaw

Is it possible that the first three letters are a code indicative of the part of the state that the owner of the vehicle resides in? Lots of states have a semi-logical system of assigning numbers/letters.
In response to LexyBitch
Is it possible that the first three letters are a code indicative of the part of the state that the owner of the vehicle resides in? Lots of states have a semi-logical system of assigning numbers/letters.

License bureaus have to keep a stock of license plates on hand for new registrations, so it makes sense that plates from the same series would be seen frequently in the same area.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:

-shivers in fear-

Oh yes, I've discovered the number 1 cause of this shock, at least where I live, is squirrels. They like to run along the powerlines and get fried, causing massive blackouts. And they love to do it right after I finish something I'm really happy with and haven't quite gotten around to saving yet.

Oh, and I always tend to answer people's questions before they ask them. I don't really think it's ESP, I just believe I am so rediculously smart that I know what they're thinking. (Kinda, and yes, I do this to help my self esteem)

Dreams are fun.

heheeh, I can see the future in my dreams sometimes ^_~ its a real pain in the ass tho.. when the even happens I feel like Im completely locked into it.. having no hope, even for an instant, is about the worst thing a person can feel x.x;;;; Ive only ever been able to change what happened -once- ... that that happened when I passed out from the shock of trying to change it @.@ I wouldnt wish my abilities on anyone ;; so who wished them on me?! >.<;;;

anyways, Ill stop ranting @.@ *LOL*

Elorien
Another disquieting though, some of the things that have been getting poste on the Bable board recently. I mean, how would you like to die? Conspiricies? Yes is board is defenitelly getting very disquieting...
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Another disquieting though, some of the things that have been getting poste on the Bable board recently. I mean, how would you like to die? Conspiricies? Yes is board is defenitelly getting very disquieting...

And what about all the new DBZ games? I think thats disquieting on its own.. youd think wed already have reached the maximum density of dbz games...

Around here it seems like you cant turn around without stepping in one @.@ usually a bad clone too *LOL*

and theres a bunch more on the way from what Ive seen *cackles, driven insane by all the bad dbz games*

Elorien
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
Skysaw wrote:
LexyBitch wrote:

/mob/skysaw

Yes, except I have seen them all over the state, not just in my area. I have seen them in DC and MD as well. Likewise, I don't remember seeing any other combination in any kind of numbers.

Anyway, try not to turn my conspiracy theory into plain ol' mundane paranoia, would you? I'm enjoying it too much. :-)

/mob/skysaw
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
heheeh, I can see the future in my dreams sometimes ^_~ its a real pain in the ass tho.. when the even happens I feel like Im completely locked into it.. having no hope, even for an instant, is about the worst thing a person can feel x.x;;;; Ive only ever been able to change what happened -once- ... that that happened when I passed out from the shock of trying to change it @.@ I wouldnt wish my abilities on anyone ;; so who wished them on me?! >.<;;;

Elorien

So if you learn to control your dreams, can you control the future? :) They say if you dream in color, you can control your dreams. I've done it a couple times but usually I don't realize I'm dreaming until I wake up. If you know it's just a dream, it's not much fun controlling it anyway. :P If I knew I was dreaming the future though...

Hehee! Do you dream in color, Elorien? ;)
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Elorien wrote:

Elorien

So if you learn to control your dreams, can you control the future? :) They say if you dream in color, you can control your dreams. I've done it a couple times but usually I don't realize I'm dreaming until I wake up. If you know it's just a dream, it's not much fun controlling it anyway. :P If I knew I was dreaming the future though...

Hehee! Do you dream in color, Elorien? ;)

Im lost to that reference @.@ *LOL* But as to your question, it isnt really the same.. While Im dreaming, usually I dont realize I am.. but my dreams of the future -feel- different, for lack of a better word ^^;; thank god thier so infrequent tho.. if I had more of them Id go insane x.x;;;;;

Elorien
Page: 1 2 3