ID:194011

I'd just like to apologize to everyone who was accustomed to helping me test my games, and to me starting a new one every week or so :) because I'm not going to be able to spend nearly as much time on BYOND... my creative schedule has just hit a *major* bump. You see, I started a new job a few weeks ago, and my schedule now coincides exactly with that of my girlfriend. So, instead of spending half of my waking hours alone in the apartment with no one to talk to but the cat and the computer, I now spend that time walking in parks, shopping, go to movies, playing board/video/roleplaying games, and performing other forms of meaningful activity with my nearest and dearest. Sadly (for the future of my career as a game designer anyway), this pattern is likely to hold until the weather turns, or I get good enough at my new job to be able to code in my head while doing it.
LexyBitch wrote:
I'd just like to apologize to everyone who was accustomed to helping me test my games, and to me starting a new one every week or so :) because I'm not going to be able to spend nearly as much time on BYOND... my creative schedule has just hit a *major* bump. You see, I started a new job a few weeks ago, and my schedule now coincides exactly with that of my girlfriend. So, instead of spending half of my waking hours alone in the apartment with no one to talk to but the cat and the computer, I now spend that time walking in parks, shopping, go to movies, playing board/video/roleplaying games, and performing other forms of meaningful activity with my nearest and dearest. Sadly (for the future of my career as a game designer anyway), this pattern is likely to hold until the weather turns, or I get good enough at my new job to be able to code in my head while doing it.

Good for you, Lexy... real life beats computer space hands down!

Enjoy!
In response to Skysaw

Enjoy!

So does drinking... O_o

=)
LexyBitch wrote:

Awwww damn your games were the best game to pop up in between the DBZ games I always looked forward to them and now :( oh yea good for you bad for me
In response to Nadrew
I must say, I'll miss you.

I hope that you stay around, maybe give BYOND a visit and yell at some newbies every once in awhile.

Good luck with your new job, new life, and new future.
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:

Enjoy!

So does drinking... O_o

=)

I thought I'd post something stupid but...
Woohoo! Someone's getting some! (I hope)
LexyBitch wrote:

Great :) Good luck with your, er, new life. And come visit us sometimes, spice up the boards, and drop over to my game (When its finished, see you in 6 years..)

Alathon
LexyBitch wrote:

Mm.

You were my idol, Lexy, but I'm glad you've got a new job (and life?)

It'll be sad to see you go. Weird how ya never think of this kinda thing, someone leaving. Ah well.

Good luck, Lexy.
LexyBitch wrote:

It's always sad to see a programmer get a real life >.< It won't be the same around here without you to teach newcomers to think for themselves.

I'm glad things are doing going so well for you Lexy. :) Don't be a stranger!
Thanks to everyone who responded... and just to allay any fears (or interrupt any celebrations), I'm not going to stop visiting BYOND entirely, and I'm not going to stop working on my games. It's just that the time I spend here most days will now be measured in minutes instead of hours.
In response to LexyBitch
LexyBitch wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded... and just to allay any fears (or interrupt any celebrations), I'm not going to stop visiting BYOND entirely, and I'm not going to stop working on my games. It's just that the time I spend here most days will now be measured in minutes instead of hours.

Minutes instead of hours? For me it's still days :). (People tell me I need a life, I just don't want one.)

-Mertek
In response to LexyBitch
I'm not going to stop visiting BYOND entirely, and I'm not going to stop working on my games.

Excellent news! What I've seen of your work so far is first-rate. And it would be sad indeed if on your deathbed you faced the lingering regret, "I wish I'd spent more time writing video games."