In response to Nadrew

Yeah thats it and she has played in Gone in 60 seconds and umm some other stuff ( she looked bad in gone in 60 seconds I am not into the drugie look )

Are you capable of discussing a woman's performance in a movie without going into appearance? She looked the way she was supposed to... if she looked strung out, then give her credit: she and the make-up crews did their job right. Being good in a movie isn't the same thing as looking good.

If you want to see a good movie with Angeline Jolie, watch Girl, Interupted or Foxfire. Of course, since the casts of both those movies are largely female, you (speaking not just to Nadrew but to most of the people in this branch of this thread) probably wouldn't even notice that you're watching a good movie.
In response to LexyBitch
On 8/4/01 1:53 pm LexyBitch wrote:
Yeah thats it and she has played in Gone in 60 seconds and umm some other stuff ( she looked bad in gone in 60 seconds I am not into the drugie look )

Are you capable of discussing a woman's performance in a movie without going into appearance? She looked the way she was supposed to... if she looked strung out, then give her credit: she and the make-up crews did their job right. Being good in a movie isn't the same thing as looking good.

If you want to see a good movie with Angeline Jolie, watch Girl, Interupted or Foxfire. Of course, since the casts of both those movies are largely female, you (speaking not just to Nadrew but to most of the people in this branch of this thread) probably wouldn't even notice that you're watching a good movie.

I liked her performence in Gone in 60 seconds she is a great actress and theres nothing wrong with looking at someones looks I don't really base judgement on looks but on personallity and intellect
In response to LexyBitch

Hmm, haven't seen either, but I'll try renting them some time.

Now I'm wracking my brain to think of good movies with largely female casts. Oh, wait! Showgirls and Wild Things were both good, in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way. Okay, let me go look at my movie collection...

Aha! Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? is excellent. And Annie is fun. Aside from those, though, I don't think I have any movies where the majority of the lead characters are female, though there are a few where it's a 50-50 split.

Well, I know of at least a few other movies with largely female casts. I'm pretty sure Waiting to Exhale and Steel Magnolias fall into this category... I haven't seen them, but I suppose I should. The thing that I fear, though, is not that I'll be distracted by the women's beauty, but rather that I'll suddenly notice I'm not watching a good movie.

Still, I had similar reservations about On Golden Pond and it turned out pretty good (and come to think of it, I guess if you only count the Fondas and Katharine Hepburn, there were more female leads in that). So for now, my conclusion on the link between female casts and movie quality is: insufficient data.

Of course, even if it were to turn out that movies with largely female casts are rarely good, it could always be laid at the feet of the marketing strategies of the Hollywood studio system... ooh, wait! That reminds me. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers is another fun one.

In response to Nadrew
umm hello... I think you can base people on their looks as a movie actress... I mean is there any guys here? HELLO mcfly, I think the shower part in Tomb Raider was well worth paying the money to go see it... Did I mention she looked hot in Gone in 60 seconds too? OMG that dirty look just gets me, mmm mm... I'm going to go stair at hernow on the back of the dvd case... algghhh...
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/4/01 10:08 pm JonSnow13 wrote:
umm hello... I think you can base people on their looks as a movie actress... I mean is there any guys here? HELLO mcfly, I think the shower part in Tomb Raider was well worth paying the money to go see it... Did I mention she looked hot in Gone in 60 seconds too? OMG that dirty look just gets me, mmm mm... I'm going to go stair at hernow on the back of the dvd case... algghhh...

oh ya I forgot to mention, when Angelina Showers, you get to see her boobie! I think it's her right one! .... yumm yumm gimme some!
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/4/01 10:12 pm JonSnow13 wrote:

oh ya I forgot to mention, when Angelina Showers, you get to see her boobie! I think it's her right one! .... yumm yumm gimme some!

Yeah, shes pretty damn hot, and, its her left one :)

Also, Jennifer Lopez and Catherine Zeta Jones are hot!
In response to Sariat
On 8/4/01 10:16 pm Sariat wrote:
On 8/4/01 10:12 pm JonSnow13 wrote:

Yeah, shes pretty damn hot, and, its her left one :)

Also, Jennifer Lopez and Catherine Zeta Jones are hot!

Hell Yea! /me high fives Sariat
except Jennifer needs a boob job, daaaamn!
In response to JonSnow13
The knife fettish was a sexual thing.

Also, she (Angelia Joeie) has a vial of her husbands blood around her neck. I don't care what you say, that's gross.

The problem with dicussing actresses roles in movies as oppose to their appearance is that almost all American movies absolutely blow! American comedy movies are mint, and the few of their actions movies that contain some origionality are pretty good, but still, most are just crap (most recent example, "Pearl Harbour", *ack* *ack* and "The Mummy 2".). So its kinda unfair to rate their preformance in such tripe.

In response to Botman
ummm
Pearl harbor did suck, and so did Mummy 2, but look how many good one's there are out there! Like The matrix? Braveheart? Excalibur! :) the list goes on, but there's some real good one's out there, and also, I think the knife fetish and vial of bloody is sexy :) I'd still show her my 12incher
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/5/01 12:25 am JonSnow13 wrote:
ummm
Pearl harbor did suck, and so did Mummy 2, but look how many good one's there are out there! Like The matrix? Braveheart? Excalibur! :) the list goes on, but there's some real good one's out there, and also, I think the knife fetish and vial of bloody is sexy :) I'd still show her my 12incher

Yeah and look, all the good ones arnt even based on American stuff. The Matrix is based on Japanese Manga, Braveheart is based on Scotland (obviously :) ), Excaliber, English.

Ooh, another crap movie, the Patriot, it was just Braveheart bumped foward a couple of centries.
In response to Botman

Ooh, another crap movie, the Patriot, it was just Braveheart bumped foward a couple of centries.

Haha... my girlfriend and I have called that "Braveheart 2: Braveheart in America" since the first day the previews rolled out.

But to get back to Jon, this is what I'm talking about. See, we just established what her name was yesterday, and already you've got it wrong. It's Angelina Jolie. You can't keep her name straight from one post to the next...

And yes, you're right. You can judge actresses on their looks. You can also put your hand into a high-speed blender and hit puree. You can do a lot of things. It's the things you choose to do that are important.
In response to LexyBitch
hell ya Lexy, now you're talking my way! :P you gotta live in the danger side, even if you end up getting slapped in the face a few... hundred times :)
oh ya and the patriot wasn't the worst movie though :D
and it's Joline, damnitt! :P
I saw her last name on tv, atleast I think they were talking about her, but it had an n in it!
oh ya she has a new sexy movie coming out, I"m not sure what it's called but she plays like this woman that tries to seduce everyone or osmething... ohhhhhh boooyy
In response to JonSnow13
I'm running a search on all the posts you've made since you came here. I'm planning on making a Power Point presentation that charts how your displayed intelligence has declined with each post you've made.
In response to LexyBitch
On 8/5/01 11:49 am LexyBitch wrote:
I'm running a search on all the posts you've made since you came here. I'm planning on making a Power Point presentation that charts how your displayed intelligence has declined with each post you've made.

LOL!!!!!
In response to Sariat
come on Lexy, baby, Darling, you know you love me.
and if you look like Angelina JoliNe, you can do whatever the hell you want to me :D
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/5/01 11:56 pm JonSnow13 wrote:
come on Lexy, baby, Darling, you know you love me.
and if you look like Angelina JoliNe, you can do whatever the hell you want to me :D

Uh oh..

If there were a dance to make Satan arrive, you just danced it.
In response to Vortezz
Ok, one question.

Is JonSnow a chick or just stupid?

Maybe Lexy is being to subtle for him...

Here's a hint Jon, your not going to get far htting on Lexy.

o_O <- the guy with a monical
Page: 1 2