ID:194108

Grrr.... argh. Not only is WB not showing Buffy this week, but they're adding insult to injury by airing the lame Spawn movie in its place. Who'd want to watch some show about superheroes fighting demons when they could be watching Buffy instead?
On 8/1/01 5:44 pm LexyBitch wrote:
Grrr.... argh. Not only is WB not showing Buffy this week, but they're adding insult to injury by airing the lame Spawn movie in its place. Who'd want to watch some show about superheroes fighting demons when they could be watching Buffy instead?

Spawn rules.. Is it the animated one or the live action one?

Live action sucks!

Animated Spawn is the way to go.
In response to Vortezz

Live action sucks!

It's the live action one, I'd bet.

Just a patriotic tidbit... Spawn, as the original comic series, was made by a Canadian guy in Calgary. The live-action movie was a dolled-up hokey Los Angeles flick. So those who say nothing good has ever come out of Canada are sorely mistaken. =)
In response to Spuzzum
lexy I agree, who wants to see some grossly mutated person wiht a fat clown that farts, when you can watch sexy... beautiful... Buffy... allgghhh....
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/2/01 1:23 am JonSnow13 wrote:
lexy I agree, who wants to see some grossly mutated person wiht a fat clown that farts, when you can watch sexy... beautiful... Buffy... allgghhh....

Poor uninlightened sole, at first I too thought it was Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) that was the attractive one, but as I've matured (yeah bloody right) I've realised Willow (Alison Hannigan) is far more attractive, atleast in real life. Search for her at http://fhm.com ('For Him Magazine').

Also, SMG is engadged or something :\. Anyone else see they're making a Scooby Doo movie, SMG's in it, thats gonna be the ****! (Thats a good thing).

*update*

Just thinking about this for a moment...

when you can watch sexy... beautiful... Buffy... allgghhh....

Ok, Jons a guy, so this statement makes sence, but what do chicks see in Buffy?
In response to Botman

This chick sees the same thing as Jon does.
In response to LexyBitch
On 8/2/01 5:12 am LexyBitch wrote:

This chick sees the same thing as Jon does.

Hmm, doesn't really help me... Oddly enough this topic came up in class today, seems the chicks (im so PC) in my class dig both Buffy and Charmed (which i don't watch), I was under the impression these were programs for guys, seems I was wrong.
In response to Botman
Hmm, doesn't really help me... Oddly enough this topic came up in class today, seems the chicks (im so PC) in my class dig both Buffy and Charmed (which i don't watch), I was under the impression these were programs for guys, seems I was wrong.

Actually, I don't know any guys who really like Buffy or Charmed, so much as they like the attractive female ensemble. Here's some of the things that Buffy, at least, has going for it:

1. Characters. They're more than just cardboard cut-outs. And even when they seem like cardboard cut-outs (Riley), you know it's intentional, because the other characters will comment on it. It's believable the way Willow's burgeoning lesbianism developed... her only other relationships were with Xander and Oz... Xander was the best friend that she tried as a boyfriend, that's something natural anyone would explore... but things just didn't click that way. And as for Oz... she was always more attracted to the idea(l) of the relationship than Oz himself. It's believable the way that Spike went from being a major recurring villain to being comic relief to being... well, I can't tell you what he ended this season as, that would be a spoiler.
2. Feminine power. Wonder Woman and the Bionic Woman were "shows for guys" in their days... but they were also shows for girls, in the same way that Buffy and Charmed are now.
3. Clever, genre-crossing paradigm. It's never too soap opera-y or too slapstick or too action-adventure or too horror.
4. Wicked plot twists (it's the only show on television that ever makes me guess wrong) mixed in with a good, healthy dose of predictability (and it's all the predictable bits that make the unpredictable ones so hard to guess..)
5. A healthy feeling of continuity from episode to episode (relationships build, injuries persist--slowly healing--from episode-to-episode.)
In response to LexyBitch

Actually, I don't know any guys who really like Buffy or Charmed, so much as they like the attractive female ensemble. Here's some of the things that Buffy, at least, has going for it:

1. Characters. They're more than just cardboard cut-outs. And even when they seem like cardboard cut-outs (Riley), you know it's intentional, because the other characters will comment on it. It's believable the way Willow's burgeoning lesbianism developed... her only other relationships were with Xander and Oz... Xander was the best friend that she tried as a boyfriend, that's something natural anyone would explore... but things just didn't click that way. And as for Oz... she was always more attracted to the idea(l) of the relationship than Oz himself. It's believable the way that Spike went from being a major recurring villain to being comic relief to being... well, I can't tell you what he ended this season as, that would be a spoiler.
2. Feminine power. Wonder Woman and the Bionic Woman were "shows for guys" in their days... but they were also shows for girls, in the same way that Buffy and Charmed are now.
3. Clever, genre-crossing paradigm. It's never too soap opera-y or too slapstick or too action-adventure or too horror.
4. Wicked plot twists (it's the only show on television that ever makes me guess wrong) mixed in with a good, healthy dose of predictability (and it's all the predictable bits that make the unpredictable ones so hard to guess..)
5. A healthy feeling of continuity from episode to episode (relationships build, injuries persist--slowly healing--from episode-to-episode.)

I really have to stop chatting with you, I always end up feeling so shallow... :\

To tell the truth, as attractice as Buffy & female co may be, I really did watch it mostly for the humour. This is the exact same reason I watch Xena (bloody typical, Xena was filmed here in NZ yet we are just starting the last season, it's already finished in USA). Joxer (the dopey guy in Xena) in totally mint, pretty much any episode hes in is one of my favourites.

My biggest gripe (getting off topic) is that pretty much all my fav programs have been spoiled due to popularity. eg/ Buffy, X-Files, Just Shoot Me, Xena, & Pokemon, yes Pokemon, I watched all from the very beginning. But as they became popular, much of their appeal actually vansihed, they became less cheesy I guess. Best example is Just Shoot Me. That used to have me ROFLMAO now I might laugh once in an entire episode. Hmm...
In response to Botman
I really have to stop chatting with you, I always end up feeling so shallow... :\

My work here is done. :)
In response to Botman
Best example is Just Shoot Me. That used to have me ROFLMAO now I might laugh once in an entire episode. Hmm...

I second that.

Loved it. A season later, hated it.
In response to LexyBitch
Lexy
watch Tomb Raider, now that's a girl I'd like to go out with, huh huh? /me shoulders all the guys in the room
/me winks at lexy
errr
sorry
damn irc... it becomes ya!
In response to Spuzzum
On 8/1/01 6:10 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Live action sucks!

It's the live action one, I'd bet.

Just a patriotic tidbit... Spawn, as the original comic series, was made by a Canadian guy in Calgary. The live-action movie was a dolled-up hokey Los Angeles flick. So those who say nothing good has ever come out of Canada are sorely mistaken. =)

Yeah, there are some good bands that come from canada.
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/3/01 2:26 am JonSnow13 wrote:
Lexy
watch Tomb Raider, now that's a girl I'd like to go out with, huh huh? /me shoulders all the guys in the room
/me winks at lexy
errr
sorry

I heard she (the Tomb Raider chick) has a knife fettish in real life, I don't think I like that...
In response to Botman
you serious!
OMFG now that's my kind of woman!
In response to Botman
On 8/4/01 2:52 am Botman wrote:
On 8/3/01 2:26 am JonSnow13 wrote:
Lexy
/me winks at lexy
errr
sorry

I heard she (the Tomb Raider chick) has a knife fettish in real life, I don't think I like that...

Hehee... depends on the type of fetish you mean. If she has a mystical talisman in the form of a knife, that's cool. If it's something sexual about knives... er... I'd rather not think about it.
In response to JonSnow13
On 8/4/01 11:25 am JonSnow13 wrote:
you serious!

I get the feeling you guys don't even know her name. You do realize she's been in lots of movies before Tomb Raider, including many that are actually good?
In response to LexyBitch
On 8/4/01 1:37 pm LexyBitch wrote:
you serious!

I get the feeling you guys don't even know her name. You do realize she's been in lots of movies before Tomb Raider, including many that are actually good?

Angalina Jolie( close to how you spell it )
In response to Nadrew
On 8/4/01 1:39 pm Nadrew wrote:
you serious!

Angelina.
In response to LexyBitch
On 8/4/01 1:41 pm LexyBitch wrote:
On 8/4/01 1:39 pm Nadrew wrote:
you serious!

Angelina.

Yeah thats it and she has played in Gone in 60 seconds and umm some other stuff ( she looked bad in gone in 60 seconds I am not into the drugie look )
Page: 1 2