ID:194707

Ok, so i'm not much of an iconner or pixel artist(or whatever you prefer to call it), and instead more of a programmer. However, i can't seem to find an artist, so i took it upon myself to learn how to make icons. I've gone around this forum and read many tutorials and examined other people's art.

Anyways, I've gotten better at making turfs and objects, however when it comes to moving people, i suck. But of course i need an original base icon for my game, so here is my attempt at one. If i could receive some criticism and how i could improve it, that would be great.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bump
In response to Arcticblast
I don't know what style you are going for with this base, but I will tell you where I would go with it and show you a couple different ways.

Most importantly, the anatomy of this base is off. The chest is very long, and the legs are mini.The shoulders are also very broad.It could be a stylistic choice on your part, but since you say you are a relatively new artist I will assume otherwise.

In the first edit, I merely relaxed the shoulders a bit and fixed the length of the legs.

In the second edit, I changed your colors. One thing you will have to practice at to be a successful artist is color choice. Your previous colors lacked contrast and blended together, showing little muscle definition.Below is a quick lesson on colors.

http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/colours.html

In the next edit, I changed the form of the legs because they were thick tubes before with little resemblance to a human leg, and changed the position of the eyes.

In response to Boxcar
I see, i'm really liking the 3rd one, i think i am going to take that one and try to fix the legs like you suggested. In the 4th one i didn't really like the eye placement, but that's just my preference, it looks great otherwise. Anyways this really helps and thanks. (And yeah, i know i need to improve my color selection, thanks for the tutorial!)

Also, for some reason, the side view head just doesn't seem to match the front view to me, can you help me fix this? Thanks a lot.
In response to Arcticblast
Actually i'll just tell you what I do for the side states. Take the head of your forward state and flatten out the ear on one side of the head. Wa-la! You have the shape for the side view.