ID:194767

I was looking around for something to do, then i saw someone post something about Kekkaishi games, so i decide to test out a barrier for the game. I made two types, both has no shading i just made it for testing. Tell me what you think of my work.

Transp.

NonTransp.

Those lines make no sense.
I suggest looking for some tutorials about it.
LexLuther wrote:
I was looking around for something to do, then i saw someone post something about Kekkaishi games, so i decide to test out a barrier for the game. I made two types, both has no shading i just made it for testing. Tell me what you think of my work.

Transp.

i dont really like the perspective, it be suposed to u are loking in front or from the sky =P so how can u see the right-left part of the square?

Oops, ignore the bottom left yellow one.

But, as you can see, I used 4 primary colors for the sides.
Notice how just about all the colors changed when adding them together.

Anyways, the point of this reply is to show you a more well-developed perspective.
What?

In all seriousness, I'd probably put it in a thirty or forty-five degree rotation for the perspective, It might even be easier for you. That- that just looks awful.

Here is an image showing boxes in space.
http://lineweights.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ box-perspective-exercise.jpg
cool dude thats awsome
In response to Maxxy2o5
yea make the barrier kinda iso,and might wanna add some animation to it plain box just seems too simple
LexLuther wrote:

Transp.

NonTransp.

Now i can see what you wanted it looks like..but.. the back of thebarrier, this barrier shouldnt be a square? like a box..then why it hax diagonal lines? =/
Well the problem isn't the perspective he's using it's just the fact that byond is simple 2d so trying to show off all the sides is impossible. It's best to stick with a light front and top with a dark back and bottom and no sides... kind of an underlay for the back and bottom and and overlay for the top and front.
In response to Duke319
Duke319 wrote:
Well the problem isn't the perspective he's using it's just the fact that byond is simple 2d so trying to show off all the sides is impossible. It's best to stick with a light front and top with a dark back and bottom and no sides... kind of an underlay for the back and bottom and and overlay for the top and front.

By the way, besides being late, my suggestion in the previous comments was the best thing he is going to get to what he wants.
In response to Duke319
Well, the facts is, it is impossible to keep the right perspective in top-down 2d game :)