ID:194782

crits?
For massive damage!
More contrast, from normal viewing distance the face has no features.
In response to Vermolius
Good. I would say try to put an angle of light on the hair because it looks like it gets a bit repetetive, like have an area with lighter colors
Zxcvdnm wrote:
crits?

Circles, squares and triangles. These are fundamental shapes that can be manipulated to get some pretty unique results. If you can see these dimensions then you're literally seeing the world differently, as an artist. You'll be free.
In response to Hulio-G
great example, thank you. :)
In response to Hulio-G
i think i improved it a bit, what do you think? i uploaded the new version.
In response to Zxcvdnm
Zxcvdnm wrote:

Cool you picked up quick and now you're getting the idea. It's a different way of thinking so it takes some getting used too. (The right side of the head lacks dimension) The next time that you try it, I can easily see you thinking of even more ways to make it look even more realistic.

On byond I try not to force these kind of things onto people. It's usually a matter of whether they are satisfied by their own work or not. If they don't like it, then we can teach them what we can to make them satisfied with it.

An example short story: (Knowing you, you probably already noticed this stuff. I just like ranting).

John makes an art piece. Him and all his friends love it.

~a year later. It's 1993.

John opens open up "1992.png". He suddenly doesn't feel like how he once did. So he creates "1993.png".
He's satisfied and his friends love it even more.

~a year later. It's 1994.

John opens up 1993.png He doesn't like it. He then opens up 1992.png, he thinks it's absolutely terrible. 1994.png is created. He is satisfied and his friends are amazed.

The same thing happens in 95,96 and 98. The pattern repeats itself but is most likely less effective every year(I guess this can correlate with how his activities have).
--------------------------------------------------------

John got better. And it even made his friends around him seem to have a higher standard for goodness because they are now aware that a greater goodness exists.

Every year John had reached his cap. Maybe he developed a keener eye, did his research or was aided by wisdom(age). He might have been a hard worker who practiced alot. But what is certain is that he learned enough to realize for himself that there was error. He might've not even have been able to explain it but something was telling him "this doesn't feel right". When people get that feeling (perhaps you did when you asked for crits) That's when I usually feel its best to critique. I used to critique people who were like John in 1992, to 93,94,and beyond. I used to raise the bar too high before it was needed. Many of the times I started to realize that these people didn't even know the difference between what is good and bad. It was almost as if they were just trying to accept the general idea(or my definition) of "goodness" without coming to that conclusion on there own. So for John in 1992, I'd typically give him critique to get him to 93. Because I found its most effective to teach them what they need to learn most and let that skill grow within them.
In response to Hulio-G
wat.
In response to AmonR
AmonR wrote:
wat.

I suppose I could filter the motive behind my reply and sum it up. >.>

Zxcvdnm wrote:

I think you handled the most important issue, it has improved. But how do you feel about it? Are you satisfied?