ID:194858

I've been working on some sort of Left4Dead BYOND game in my spare time. This is what I came up with for Louis so far:

Thing biggest problem I've been having is that I can't get his hair to look like it does in the game... in-game it's very short, almost bald, but all I can manage is making him look like he's trying to grow a damn afro. Any help would be appreciated.

My reference.
He pretty much is bald. >.< You don't have to puff his hair up. I would suggest making a normal head and just adding a darker shade of brown to his scalp.

P.S. - Shading :D
In response to Akto

I tried your idea for the hair; it looks better, but still not quite right. I'm going to try working on the shading a little bit when I get home, since the shirt and head both seem pillow-shaded... the pants probably are too, but I'm not very good at shading at all, so.

But for now, time to go to work. Comments and critique would be lovely for when I get back.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Maybe texture it by having the dark brown, with an even darker brown(Near black) and dither it over where his hair is.
In response to Bakasensei
Its the shape of the head thats making it look funny. Im assuming the character from L4D has a cesar?(on that note please post an image of what the character looks like. Your going to need a more rounded head and a more or less straight (or slightly rounded) line for the hairline. If its a cesar that is.
In response to Pmitch
He actually has a reference in his first post. Also now that I just re-checked it, scratch my idea. The way you have him now with the darker shade of brown is nearly as close as you could get.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
on that note please post an image of what the character looks like.

He did.

And this. ;]
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
I've been working on some sort of Left4Dead BYOND game in my spare time. This is what I came up with for Louis so far:

Thing biggest problem I've been having is that I can't get his hair to look like it does in the game... in-game it's very short, almost bald, but all I can manage is making him look like he's trying to grow a damn afro. Any help would be appreciated.

My reference.

Might Wanted to post this in the Pixel WIPs sections instead of the Showroom if you asking for help but...

Just make him bald, an with a darker color than the skin, fill in where his hair should be.
In response to Tayoko

Tried to go in a new direction with some of it. C&C please. It'd be nice if a mod could move this to PWIP - I wasn't expecting to redo it too much when I posted this. Guess I wasn't thinking.

Also, tips on how to make him less muscular and more scrawny would be awesome.

Edit: Kind of off-topic, but I did Francis too because I thought the physique I did for Louis fit him better. Didn't want to crowd the forum with more L4D art all over the place.

Reference.
Yeah, Francis looks way to weak. His arms look like an ethopians
You should get the original black base then fill it in with his hair color on the head, then you should have the bald effect,then work on the hair line.
In response to Rasengan3oo4

Boomer.

Reference.
The boils on his arms and face should stick out more, though its all looking good, i'd love to see how it explodes xD
In response to Bakasensei
I had trouble with the boils on his arms - too big and they looked like an extension of his arms, too small and you can barely tell they're there. I finally settled with too small because it looked less shitty.