ID:1949355

First issue of my Projects and Experiments in years. That is, since the disappearance of blogs of course. Thinking about blogs, I have been thinking about using a new set of blogs (which I haven't used in years). It might be through Blogger (was Blogspot) or another site.

In terms of BYOND, I was working on the WebGL Support Library a little while back. Some of y'all already know of my failed attempts at trying to wrap it. For those who don't, I can tell y'all that it drops the performance like crazy. Best way to handle it is just do it through JavaScript (doing client-side rendering). The only data that should be sent from the server is anything that relates to vector data.

While still discussing about BYOND, I have been contemplating on making a brand new game for BYOND. I won't be able to participate in the GIAD this year, but I'll let y'all know if another is hosted next year. Main reasons for not participating is it does take a while for me a make a working game (though a few games I have made very quickly).

In terms of C++, I have been working on the ClassicVCom HD (my virtual machine). Some of y'all already know that from a thread I made months ago (which I may bring back). Progress is going well almost to the point I can begin executing instructions. One thing I have planning for this project is to release it in two types of builds. Binary and HTML5 builds which the latter will be built through Emscripten. I even have a test build up of the HTML5 version.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24250760/ Test%20Releases/ClassicVCom_HD/ClassicVCom_HD.html (May take time to load.)

Due to the fact I haven't provided instructions or any help yet, I will list them here:

Keys:
ALT+ENTER: Fullscreen

Commands:
Cd - Changes directories. (Cd .. moves back to the previous directory)
Clear - Clears the screen
Dir - Views the current directory's contents
Mem - Displays current memory
Mkdir - Creates a directory (8 Character Max)
Rmdir - Removes a directory (8 Character Max, must be empty)
Run - Runs a program (Doesn't work yet)
Shutdown - Shuts down the virtual machine.

Drives can be changed like in DOS, but doesn't do much yet (as there is currently only one drive). Also, directories don't save yet on the HTML5 version.

Expect a new binary test version sooner or later as well. In fact, there are bound to be features that only work on the binary version for the time being. That is, until I add changes that work with Emscripten. That should be all for this issue of my Projects and Experiments.

P.S.: This is my first C++ project to support usage of C++14 and possibly C++17.