In response to Yurgeta
Meh, got home from work and was bored. My finished piece.

In response to Evi of au
Nice idea!
Cool expression on the pumpkin heads, Evi.
In response to Yurgeta
Yurgeta wrote:
there is no way im asgood as Monkey in this but meh, atleast i actual entered this one lol. i'll proberly make a newer entey before its over but highly doubtful so here is my pumpkin

Ok so i desided to redo it, still unfinished i havent counted the colours yet, but its between 15-20 sofar i think..
might add some background features to it and complete teh shadow effect im working on, but this is as far as ive gotten on the rework of my pumpkin
Lanterns

I was originally going to include some kind of setting, and a hand holding a knife on the right side of the image (what the rightmost lantern is so terrified of). Taking a fresh look at it today, I like it as is. Not as good as it could have been, but as good as that image is going to get, I think. 11 colors.

I also whipped up a larger version for use as a wallpaper, should anyone feel so inclined.

Koil: I like the background. Did you do that by hand, or use some kind of texture or something to do it faster?

TheMonkeyDidIt: Once again you remind me that I'm just an amature. Nice composition, choice of colors, and flat-ish color depth.
In response to IainPeregrine
I just scribbled around the edges of each color with the color right next to it. I think it's an ugly picture. =/

Your picture is nice though.
In response to Flick
there just halarious, love the first link lol
Five colors and severely unfinished...

I'm noticing a pattern...

:P
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket My thinger.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/lorddgagons/ Holloween.png

[Edit]

OK i add some dithering around the moon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this is the edit with the pallet :D.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In response to Flick
Cleaned it up a bit and added a shadow.

Still need to add some flying pumpkin guts and seeds.
In response to Flick
Hahaha I love it. I'm glad this is getting a lot more support, and people are partaking in it.
In response to Maggeh
Okey, I was almost sure I wasn't going to do any more to my entry, but I saw all the great entries and realized mine was lacking. Still doesn't compare, but I am proud of it.

old

new

edit: if you kinda squint your eyes a little, it looks nice. xD
In response to Flick
ok back to the drawing board for me.. i have to match flicks standards lol him and duel are awsom pixel artist, so i must do better to stand a chance
In response to IainPeregrine
@Iain:
Cool use o negative space! I also really like the way you used the different shades of orange to indicate distance. The expressions are perfect.

IainPeregrine wrote:
TheMonkeyDidIt: Once again you remind me that I'm just an amature.

Good lord. I certainly don't want anyone to feel that way when I post something :/ I'm an amateur just like you. God knows I'm not getting paid either. I'm still learning. For instance you can consider that shade=distance trick you pulled stolen and put in my bag for later use.

@Flick: !Splodin' Pumpkins! Genius! Love how you did the loop!

@Maggeh: Course they will! 'Cause it was a good idea!

@OPO: unless that pumpkin's about to jump in a dark pond, I don't think it'd have that bright a light comin outta it's face. Like the sillouette!

@Ev: Good job on the font! I like the moon, too!

I just ran out of exclamation marks.|
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Actually yes there is a pond going to be there but I still got lots o time to fix it up. :D Just need the water. Tehe But when i do see the pic i see lots of stuff i can add to the sillouette. and try to fill out more space :D. Still now that you mentioned it i can see that the light should be closer to the pumpkin and darker then what it should be.
In response to Robbie Hewitt

Update :/

No one's commenting on it! C'mon I love suggestions and complaints :]

27 colors
Looks amazing!

My only suggestion is to lighten it up a bit... I know, that sounds counter-intuitive to the theme, and will weaken the look of the lighting, but as it stands, I had to brighten it in Paint Shop Pro to see the details of the tree branches and the shading on the roof... Just looking at it as it is (even when I moved it onto a dark background) it's so dark that those details are lost...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
well your not really supposed to notice them considering the time of day lol
Page: 1 2 3 4