In response to Robbie Hewitt
I like it, it has a nice spooky feeling. Though it is a big bare. Maybe add more scary look bushes and plants in front of the house? I also love the subtle effect of the moon shining through the tree branches. The pumpkin for some reason seems kinda of flat, I dunno what you can do to fix that though, maybe bring the shadows around more, and give it a darker edge?

Edit: Upon a closer look I noticed what SSGX was hinting at. You have all of this stuff in the background, that no one can see. Maybe make the sky a dark dark blue, so that you can at least see all those details you put in. It will still retain it's creepy dark feeling without ruining the lighting you got going on me thinks.
Here's mine. Any improvements I should make?

28 colors I believe (yikes).

I think I screwed up on the pumpkin face lighting, particularly when it hits the cowering trick-or-treater that's dressed up as a bear (well suppose too be). I don't know whether I should have a change in the shades of the pumpkin face lights either because of the light source in the back. It looked kinda weird when I darkened the ends, so I left as is.
In response to Kenny G 555
Added shadows and added light to the hand and tombstone.
But then why draw them at all? I mean, I brightened the image, and there's all of this extra detail in there that when viewed normally just looks like a solid black mass...

If you want those elements in the image (and apparently you do, or you wouldn't have drawn them), then you need to make them noticeable... Anything else is just pointless...
In response to Yurgeta
Well heres a part of what ive got so far. Its far from finished, as ive got to give it a background according to what Ive got planned. Ive yet to give it a lightsource aswell.

Any suggestions?

Edit:

Now ive pretty much finished it. It's simple but i like it. I didnt quite know how to do the lighting in the blood, so any suggestions would be good.

18 colors.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You may now kiss my hand.

Oh, and, awesome work everyone!
In response to Legendary Goku 10
give it a glassy look...idk how you'd do this, i would suggest putting some water on the counter and putting light on the right and look at it!
In response to Legendary Goku 10
The black background kinda takes away from it a bit. Maybe draw in a spooky woodland area?

Ah blood. Well I think the problem is it doesn't look like blood, or a liquid really for that matter. It's too flat, and your lighting on it is kind of weird.

Bloody is a liquid, oozy-like stuff, that has has some interesting changes in value (from almost black, to almost white), and has a shiny-glassy shimmer to it.

So first things first: I changed the color of the blood to make it less "red", and more bloody red. I changed the shape of the puddle a bit to make it look like it was flowing more from the pumpkin, and changed the shading around to give it more depth and form.

Next I added another darker shade, to add even more depth and shape to the blood, as well as to create the pumpkin's shadow.

Then I went back and added yet a much more brighter shade in areas of the blood to help give it that liquid-shiny look.

Note: I made sure to make the area in front of the pumpkin brighter than the rest for the purpose of the light reflection.

The next part is where I get lazy because I don't feel like putting the time into right now drawing a decent light reflection off the blood with that added ripple effect. I essentially just used the same technique I did with my sunset tut to draw it.

And finally since I didn't like that background (or lack of) that LG10 put in, I made a quickie one using a really dark green, dark blue, and black.

Aaaaand we're done. I hope this helps.

In response to Maggeh
Improved?
Original

I like the original. There's much to much color depth in the puddle in the modified version; we expect a pumpkin to have a lot of warts and changes in color, so a puddle with the same texture looks really odd when in the same image. Plus, I feel the puddle is detracting from the pumpkin, while taking away that nice blood drip he had going in the original.

usually when you see this effect it runs from the bottom left to the top right...but the light is coming from the pumpkin it self so i had to do it this way...I don't really like it but this was basically what I was trying to say...I did it quick since I was only doing it to give an idea

I gave the sky a purplish tent and messed with the light fixture...the sky doesn't match with the sky around the moon, but thats only because I don't have enough colors left to have a purplish sky...I don't think it's noticeable really so I might leave it be...I added the light being cast from the jack-o-lantern but it doesn't look right, I'm going to fade it out into the abyss but I gotta get it's shape right first!
The light from the jack-o-lantern should be coming from the front straight down really, and not at an angle, because that's how you have the face facing.

I'm not in it to win it or anything...I just went wild with the spraypaint tool and cut everyones' favorite mascot into a poorly shaped pumpkin. *Update* If I would've known the bunchie pumpkin was gonna be put on display I probably wouldn't have half-assed it haha.
In response to IcewarriorX
Hooray for bunchies.

Just so you know this isn't a contest to win, rather, everyone that enters wins, because it's simply a challenge. A fun little thing to get people active with pixel art.

You could probably put shading around the creases in the pumpkin to give it more shape (look at LegendaryGoku10's piece for example), as well a background.
Here's my WIP.

I'm experimenting with the noir-esque shading style (I know the pumpkin's shading is inconsistent) and experimenting with clothing wrinkles (I've never really been too good with them)
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
All in all very nice, but..what kind of gun is he holding?
In response to Cryptic
I tried making a Suppressed Kriss SuperV SMG without a folding stock, but it didn't turn out so great.
In response to Maggeh
lol it's supposed to be facin the right slightly..
This is by far my favorite piece in this thread.
In response to Cavern
thanks!
Page: 1 2 3 4