ID:194957

Post your completed entries for the logo contest here.
Deadline is 9/14. Judges should refrain from C&C in this thread. All others are welcome to. This thread will be heavily moderated.

If you want C&C without posting your work as an entry, use the WIP thread.
Good lucks!
I just got on a bit ago and saw this post...Did this one kindof fast but this'll be my entry -.O
In response to Zerburius
Honestly, did you READ more than one line of the rules?

"The background must be transparent.

Canvas: 180x140 pixels. (You're also one pixel over on this one, 179 x 140)
Colors: 32 max (not including transparency)."

It doesn't seem like you understand what 32 colors means.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/Zenigwolf/ BLAJLKZBJ.png

Notice that? I put a limit of 255 colors to show on the palette, notice how many spots are being taken up? Also, don't try to copy, resize, than paste something as your work. You can tell the palette and brushes aren't pixel art cause of the anti-alias. And the lack of anti-alias on the letters.

Then there's the part about TRANSPARENCY</emphasis>.

If you want to at least have a chance at winning, do some thinking and effort beforehand.
heres some i made there no limit to the amount u can post right?

all of these have the handy psd files if u need them easy to edit colour etc.. thanks for taking the time to look at em
In response to Ice cold 123
They seem to go over the color limit.
In response to Maggeh
I don't think people understand the "pixel art" portion of this contest...
In response to Zenigwolf
Yep.
Entry for the contest. I kept it very simple, but still try to make it look good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/SystemOPN/ PixelArtcontest2.png

I used 11 colors, or i think 11 but it's all done in pixel art no use of the letter feature in graphics gale.

any ways if it is regulation just leave it, but if its not the right size does not have a transparent background let me know.
In response to SystemOPN
The background must be transparent.

I'm thinking Monkey might change this... It's easy enough for us to make the background transparent if you make it a solid color anyways.

Meh, at least it's the first "finished" work that's actually pixel art.
In response to Zenigwolf
i know i just edited it now =)
Hmm...well here's my entry!

When I added transparency using Photoshop it took away from the image quality...so I'll post two, one with and one without transparency

-I would have done more detail but I thought this looked good and I prefer not to have a grainy look. If I wasn't limited to 32 colors I would have put more effort and detail into this. Hope you like it!
In response to Robbie Hewitt
Robbie Hewitt wrote:
Hmm...well here's my entry!

When I added transparency using Photoshop it took away from the image quality...so I'll post two, one with and one without transparency

-I would have done more detail but I thought this looked good and I prefer not to have a grainy look. If I wasn't limited to 32 colors I would have put more effort and detail into this. Hope you like it!

Really awesome work! Somehow I think people would get a good laugh if you put the standard Fill Bucket icon in his hand instead of that brush, lol.
In response to Body
I was kinda debating whether i should make the canvas into a monitor and have his hand on a mouse on a desk to the side, but I decided against it =)
In response to Robbie Hewitt
I know it looks weird from the others but w/e.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
*Bump ,i spelled society wrong X_X i can fix it np lol
In response to Andster
If this is for the contest, it should have been posted in the wip thread or contest thread. No harm anywho, I'm sure monkey can just move it into the correction section.

It's interesting but you went way over the color and size limits.

"Canvas: 180x140 pixels.
Colors: 32 max (not including transparency)"
In response to Zenigwolf
Two things:
1) I've changed the transparency requirement. If you're unable to figure out PNG transparency or can't save as a transparent GIF, you can leave the background as a single, solid color (that won't count towards the 32) and we'll remove the background later.

2) Pay attention to the following requirements. Any that don't follow these guidelines will be shot and/or disqualified (in that order). They ain't that hard, society-peoples!

To say 'em again:

"The background must be transparent (or, if you're unable to do a transparency, make it a single solid color so we can make it transparent if it wins).

Canvas: 180x140 pixels.
Colors: 32 max (not including transparency).
Content: Must include art elements mentioned above. Actual painter optional. ;)"
BYOND Pixel Art Society Logo

I didn't feel like putting in "Society". Notify me if it's required.

<.Hoowell, Rob wins.

I thought I'd give it a shot. =\

The logo, without the palette.
Page: 1 2