ID:194971

for a pixeljoint challenge called The Billie Jean Illumination (where the challenge was to draw something lighted from below):

Sorta unfinished. Saw it on my drive and thought I'd share.
Cuz...
Ya know.
Sharing.
It's caring.
...and all.
Heheheh I love the monkey. :D

Looks cool too, reminds me of some oldschool DOS game.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Damn TMDI, that's awesome. I like the colors you chose.
In response to Evi of au
wooooooonderful!!! you have a lot of practise, it shines by itself!!! :) :y:
Wonderful image. Each time I look at it I see something new and exemplary. The limited pallet does wonders to give the image a sense of depth, as the imagination is left with a great deal to fill in on it's own. The cast-iron texture of the cauldron is probably my favorite single feature, but the cloth patterns might be the most technically impressive aspect of the piece.

The ovals in the background arn't immediately identifiable (arched doorways?), and may stick out to much for that sort of background; I blame the light tan color. The man closest to the viewer has something funky going on with his arm, too; it's got to many joints, it seems.
In response to IainPeregrine
Thanks, folks!

IainPeregrine wrote:
The man closest to the viewer has something funky going on with his arm, too; it's got to many joints, it seems.

You're right. At first I thought you meant his elbow (where some clothes are bunched up (although that's not obvious)), but then I checked his shoulder on that side - it's waaaay to far towards the viewer for where his torso is! I think it may be dislocated!

You'll also notice the monkey's tail is peculairly flat and square (as well as many other gaffs and unfinished bits).
I think I was way too ambitious to do this in the week the challenge called for. Someday I'll work on it again.