ID:194988

I've decided to get back into making some byond icons, and so me and my friend are currently making a Caveman RPG/God game type of deal.

Now I'm not particularly skilled at making character bases (I've given up on virtually all of the ones I've made before hand) however I'm quite proud of the one I'm working on.

I decided to take the challenge of not making a Straight up view of the character, and although it's a bit weird in places I think it came out pretty decent. Constructive-criticism is welcomed.
Wow, that looks really good, I like how you took it out of its normal 32x32. My only gripe is the hair on the icon on the right.
Maggeh wrote:
I decided to take the challenge of not making a Straight up view of the character, and although it's a bit weird in places I think it came out pretty decent. Constructive-criticism is welcomed.

I like the hair. Stance and anatomy are good, too.
Also, good to see someone not doing a chibi sprite for a change.

My only crit would be the beard. It's such a different shade that I mistook it for a huge jaw/chin with 5-Oclock shadow. If you could bring the tone of the hair up to that lighter brown or the tone of the beard down to the black of the hair, I think it'd be more recognizable.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
I added the hair to the base to make it look more caveman looking (than just a bald guy), but I shall keep the suggestions in mind when I finalize the haircuts people can have.

Thanks for the suggestions both of you.
In response to Maggeh
yeah not to be mean or anything but that caveman looks like my mom when she hasnt shaved all week:(
In response to DrBald
DrBald wrote:
yeah not to be mean or anything but that caveman looks like my mom when she hasnt shaved all week:(

Wow...
I'm so sorry. Perhaps, being a doctor you can help her.
In response to Maggeh
You otta have a jaria like Hair style selection! That'
d rok!
In response to DrBald
I'm flattered that my caveman looks like your mother when she hasn't shaved all week.

Anyways I started sketching some animations for it, hopefully it doesn't suck. I might put this on hold since me and friend who are making the game decided we wanted to make a Crazy Rhythm/Beat music game on byond inspired of long gaming sessions of Guitar Hero, DDR, and Elite Beat Agents.