PartIcons

by Flick
Generate particle effects as icons
ID:1950873

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
It would be nice if we could define a finishing color that the particons can animate into, maybe even a starting color two. A wishlist would include a whole stage of colors.

Actually, if it was a wishlist, a timeline showing the length of the generated particon could show-up post-generation, in which you could add in events and then re-generate, some effects like "Rotate 90deg over 5 seconds at frame 20" or "Change colour to rbg(x,y,z) over 5 seconds at frame 20".

I guess that's a relatively large request, but it would be absolutely amazing and give a whole new level of customization options.
Hmmm. The first one is definitely doable. Rather than a 'color_shift' variable that changes the color by a particular amount each frame, use 'color_start' and 'color_final' which the particle could shift through during its lifetime. Yeah, I can work that out.

The second one would require quite a bit of rewriting and I'm not sure how that would work out. The particles sort of just do their own thing once they're started, and setting timer based and mid generation based variables would be... let's say complicated. I'll think about it, but I don't think that's a near term thing.
Hrmm. I've been reading through your code and I'm not too sure it would be difficult to add a hook checkTimeline() to the end of each frame, which you could then compare against the timeline at the specific frame you're on and add any extra effects to be done to the stack.

Then again, maybe I'm misunderstanding how you handle it.

The colour alone would be immensely helpful, thanks!