In response to Pokemon Entertainment

Hmmm...
He meant the post before his previous one.
In response to FKI
Oh my goodness, bottom line I replied to your reply to me.
Zagros5000 said:
I wasn't talking about putting anime/fan games on the front page lol, i was just saying it's kinda dumb how they made the tag invisible

He was replying to Exentriks Gaming's comment to him, wherein Exentriks Gaming said:

I don't really have a problem with anime and fan games, as long as they are professional and represent this site properly. However, that's usually not the case 99% of those games are just a complete mess and honestly it gives BYOND a bad name. The only one I could think of is Pokemon Z by Zete.

And you replied to Zagros5000's posts to Extentriks Gaming:

That's what I'm responding to lol.

To which Zagros5000 responded:

I was responding to Extenrik

Get it? He wasn't replying to you, he just failed to press the 'reply' button to Exentriks, and so it looked like he was responding to you.
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
I don't like how they removed the anime tag from that, most people come to this site to play anime games and now you wouldn't even know they exist, unless you were searching for a specific game

This was a response to me, seeing as I posted a cutout of the way BYOND handles their tags search.
In response to Zagros5000
And that was the only message I was responding to.
Gotcha.

This quote system though; this isn't the first time I've seen this happen. (But I guess it would have been avoided had the original quote been included initially? Meh.)
In response to FKI
Hahahaha what a mess...
lmao
So you're suggesting a list that doesn't change often somehow promotes diversity? This is literally the most destructive thing to up-and-coming games. You're making them compete against titans, titans which (as you've stated) will stay on the featured games listing more often. Do you not see how this hurts the smaller games.

I bet you're voting for Trump too #BrokeBack
In response to Lugia319
It is just an idea to push back the amount of crap there is on the front page now. Also, what smaller games? Like LordAndrew and Kumorii already stated, there barely is any new games... I also mentioned aside from having this Top 10 list there should also be a monthly featured game or something aside just for this purpose, to promote up and coming games. It is better than how it is now isn't it? Right now there's nothing to promote smaller games and there's a front page full of the worse games we have.

edit: also these "titans" are the reason this site has any credibility at all and this site should do something to acknowledge that. They will simply be there as a showcase of what this engine can do, underneath will be the rest of the garbage that there is now so everyone can be happy.
Dragon Universe, Dragon-Ki, Rampage, Generations are a huge turn off in my opinion. They're pretty up there on the front page.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Actually the smaller games get publicity just by having a bunch of people on them. And the "titans" of this website ARE the fangames, the very things you're trying to remove!
In response to Lugia319
We clearly have different point of views about all of this. Either you're trying hard to go against the grain or you're not reading.
Woah, woah, woah. Geeze, people. You're all coming up with some great ideas, but you need to utilize team work to perfect it!

First off have a field like the original featured game of the month field, but instead of one game per month, just make a list of 10 or 20 games and have it display a different one every time the BYOND game page is loaded. As for the contents of that list, why not make it the best of each genre/tag? That way people have more reason to create and compete in other types of games besides RPG etc.

Secondly, why not consider having a second field below that which does something like Kumorii mentioned? It could feature the last game someone posted about in Game Updates, or the games with the most fans in the past 24 hours, or something along those lines.

And last but not least, who cares what the original post picked? and why is this our first focus when the actual BYOND home page is so far out of date? I mean really, have you looked at the games in the image lately? The best one on there is Ultimatum (Which still is frickin amazing, by the way. It really holds up to current day games)

Honestly all of this would be so nice to update, and unlike some huge site overhaul it's not really difficult or time consuming, but while Lummox at the helm does make it seem possible I'm not sure how likely it is to occur.

I really think more of us need to step up and not only develop games, but get out there and blog, make our own websites and such that link up to BYOND or make these corrections our selves, etc etc.

I've been wanting to do so for a very long time, but I'm just now slowly beginning to acquire the resources to do so, and making a proper website like the one I'm thinking of can be a monumental task for one person. Blogging, smaller individual game sites, etc aren't though.

TL;DR: Don't just rely on Lummox and BYOND to update all of this and improve things! Step up as a BYOND affiliate or similar, and help bring forth change with your own two hands!
Why would you advertise BYOND games anyway. There's literally nothing good on the front page. SS13 is popular because trolling is a thing. Fanime is popular because fanime.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
My vote goes towards 0-bit or coma simulator 2014

Both should definitely be featured as these two games are prime examples of ingenuity in game design.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Both should definitely be featured as these two games are prime examples of ingenuity in game design.

The next Notch.. , the prophecies are true.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:

First off have a field like the original featured game of the month field, but instead of one game per month, just make a list of 10 or 20 games and have it display a different one every time the BYOND game page is loaded. As for the contents of that list, why not make it the best of each genre/tag? That way people have more reason to create and compete in other types of games besides RPG etc.

This... I think you're on to something. The only problem I see is that right now there barely is 10 professionally made games on here, so I wouldn't know how it would work for every category.
Secondly, why not consider having a second field below that which does something like Kumorii mentioned? It could feature the last game someone posted about in Game Updates, or the games with the most fans in the past 24 hours, or something along those lines.

Or maybe there could be a poll of the last 5 games that had updates and we could vote on whichever one gets featured. This may be a bit too much work for Lummox or the moderators to voluntarily do.

I'm just gonna step in here to back up the majority. BYOND's elitists have shown discouragement of fan-games ever since there were fan-games. If there is something done to the featured page, I'd say it should be to disallow fan-games to be at the top.

In my opinion, it'd be very supportive to show the CURRENT fastest-growing game(s) on a featured page, maybe 4, and then the most popular games overall.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6