ID:19614

Keywords: hosting, ultimatum
Ultimatum will be up at 6:00 EST until 10:00 PM for anyone to play. The updates include the new finished Help File, and some social verbs. Next week will introduce some new game elements. The game will be hosted at the same url: byond://216.138.220.79:6757

Thanks for all who have ranked the game!

[Edit]

I decided that I will also be hosting tomorrow at the same time (6:00 EST to 10:00 PM) due to popular demand.
I will say Ultimatum is very well developed as well as being a superb TBS BYOND game. Kudos to bringing it to be.

However, as a fan, I would like to understand why it is being shutdown and not left running. I am not asking for it to run, I am asking for whatever potentially stupid or vital reason it is being shutdown.
it was a test?
Right now, Ultimatum is at a state where I'm not confident in having it hosted for long periods of times when I'm not there. If an error pops up when I'm not there, I won't know what caused it (and a lot of errors usually pop up during the game testing, the players just don't realise it!) However, the point of these public testings is to get it at that state where I can get it publicly hosted all day long, and I hope to achive that goal as soon as possible. However, that won't happen until the new factions, game modes, and features are all implemented, and Ultimatum can pay for its own hosting!

On the other hand, thanks for the support, and I hope you enjoyed the game while it was up.
Unknown Person wrote:
Right now, Ultimatum is at a state where I'm not confident in having it hosted for long periods of times when I'm not there. If an error pops up when I'm not there, I won't know what caused it (and a lot of errors usually pop up during the game testing, the players just don't realise it!) However, the point of these public testings is to get it at that state where I can get it publicly hosted all day long, and I hope to achive that goal as soon as possible. However, that won't happen until the new factions, game modes, and features are all implemented, and Ultimatum can pay for its own hosting!
-----
Clever.
Thanks for responding. That is all I wanted to know. Keep us posted for future tests.
spiffy game
Cool. I get a second chance after missing it lastnight. =)
UP - let me know when you plan to test again- i'd love to check it out. heck, i might even toss up a free hosting spot, if the game is as good as people are saying it is. i'm all for hosting quality games like this!
digitalmouse wrote:
UP - let me know when you plan to test again- i'd love to check it out. heck, i might even toss up a free hosting spot

You know it makes sense UP!
UP - let me know when you plan to test again- i'd love to check it out. heck, i might even toss up a free hosting spot, if the game is as good as people are saying it is. i'm all for hosting quality games like this!

Thanks for the offer! I'll be posting a blog post soon about the scheduled public testing times. It'll generally be once or twice every weekend evening.
your CSS is lush