ID:1963150

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
I'm port forwarded and my firewall is deactivated but it still says that it can't be reached by players. Is it because i have windows 10 installed? What can i do to get it fixed?
Best response
One test you should try first is joining using the join icon in Dream Daemon. If that works, you know local connections work. If it doesn't, then a firewall or antivirus is blocking DD itself from using the Internet, so that has to be taken care of first.

If that works, then try copying the server address (just click the address that shows up in place of the .dmb selection dropdown) and connecting to that address. You can connect to it by using Ctrl+O in your pager and pasting the address, or putting that address into your browser. I would expect that if people can't reach you, that should fail.

Assuming you can reach your game locally but not with the official address you copied, then either a firewall is still in play or your port forwarding has not been setup correctly.

Make sure you also look at your antivirus software. Many such programs include firewalls.
Ok so my local connections do in fact work, however when i try join from BYOND the connection fails. After i turned off my firewall, i restarted my computer but still the same problem.

My port forward settings are as follows: BYOND1 1001 TCP&UDP 192.168.0.6
Is your computer actually on 192.168.0.6 still? In many routers you have the option of reserving the LAN address you use for that specific machine (usually done by checking the machine's MAC address).

I would recommend BTW using a much higher port than 1001; it's not a good hosting port because it's low enough it might get used for outbound connections. Also, while this doesn't impact anything, you don't need to forward UDP; BYOND uses TCP only.
Aw yes, you were correct, my computer is not on 192.168.0.6 it's now on 192.168.0.10. Thank you for all the help.
No problem. Your router probably has a setting for always binding the same local IP to your MAC address, so I would suggest setting that up if you can.