ID:1974124

Poll: Do you snooze your alarm in the mornings?

Once, if at all. 72% (21)
A couple times or more. 27% (8)

Login to vote.

So when you wake up in the mornings are you the type to turn off your alarm and immediately spring up, ready to start the day - Or are you the type of person to snooze your alarm to the point that you may as well have just set your alarm to go off an hour later?

As usual, I'm the latter most mornings. It's part of my wake up routine which is why I usually set my alarm to go off about an hour before I need to be up. (I also set all of my clocks 10 minutes fast). Some mornings I'll spring up, though.
I have to get up immediately when I hear it, the chances of me passing back out is too high.

If I pass out while it's still on, I'm S.O.L.
I can only fall asleep in dead silence or to a steady white noise type sound(i.e. dryer tumbling, light rain, etc.) so there's no way I could fall back asleep with my alarm going off, haha.

I also have my alarm on the opposite side of the room so I physically have to get up to snooze/turn it off.
I can always go back to sleep, so I need to get up right when the alarm sounds. Thus I set it on the other side of the room as well. So I never hit snooze.
There's an old samurai trick my sensei taught me of saying "I am awake" aloud when you wake up and you just sorta... do it.
In response to Lugia319
sudoku?
I tend to wake up about an hour or so before my alarm even goes off. I use the alarm more as a safety precaution.
I don't use an alarm. I pretty much always wake up with enough time to get ready for work so there's no need for an alarm. When you learn to control your chakra, there is no need for petty devices like alarms. You must learn to control your inner chakra.

Every man and woman and child has 2 chakras. You have human chakra path and frog chakra path. Out of every man existing in the world, only I have mastered the control of my frog chakra pathways. This has granted me the amazing ability to manipulate exactly when I awake from my deep slumbers.

Fun fact: Up until age 3, everyone is actually a frog until they forget they're a frog and then slowly become a human as they are integrated into human society.
I uh.. officially I get up at 5:30. I lay around checking things on my phone until about 7. In the case that I may fall asleep, I have 6 alarms go off in between those times.
I get up as soon as soon my alarm starts and begin the day. If I don't, chances are I'll end up sleep again.
In response to FKI
FKI wrote:
I get up as soon as soon my alarm starts and begin the day. If I don't, chances are I'll end up sleep again.

This just in: FKI only ever sleeps once
I usually do a mixture of most people here it seems. I wake up, and have to be careful or I'll fall back asleep, so I sit up and then I just kind of roll around stretching and checking my phone or laptop for 10 to 30 minutes. Unfortunately, usually closer to 30. All the while wanting to go back to sleep.

Then again, that's with a more mental alarm. I usually wake up when I need to, and at least once an hour before, if not multiple times/hours.

If I actually set an alarm, it's for insurance, and I have to all but burst up out of bed. Not too quick though, or I get an annoying headache...
In response to Konlet
Konlet wrote:
I uh.. officially I get up at 5:30. I lay around checking things on my phone until about 7. In the case that I may fall asleep, I have 6 alarms go off in between those times.