ID:1978541

Hello everyone,

I have been working on a mobile game since last month - PonjiRo. It is now available for Android Devices released under my own brand(trying to make it one) Kubaer Gaming.

Download it Here

It has been a tremendous experience for a beginner and inexperienced guy like me. I faced a lot of tragedies which ultimately have been a learning experience for me. I have been betrayed and then due to the same learned about laws, and had the glory of making contacts with dozen programmers from various websites with great experience. A confidence boost really. Not only that, I learned a lot about game development too which ultimately would help me with my next endeavours and probably BYOND too. I owe a lot to BYOND and community. Thanks for that guys.

I urge you all, to stick to your project no matter what; no effort goes in vain.

Thanks a lot for support! And so sorry if this advertising thing isn't allowed.

Sincerely

A2J2TIWARI
"Since last month" "stick to your projects"

If all projects only took a few months, we'd have a lot more original games around. Sure, we can make "a game in a day", but a lot of us want more than just a game; we want a story to be told through our game. Incorporating both story and gameplay into a game of any decent scale will take years.

Over ambitious, most of us are. It takes a lot more to "stick to your project" and "remain focused" when you're dedicating potentially years of our lives to something now and hopefully getting a return from it(and worrying about if you'll have any return when it's done. Sure, you'll be happy with just a few people enjoying your games; but you'll be much less likely to continue making games if you invest more than a few months of work into a project and come out with less than you put in). I wish you and your project the best of luck, just felt like you were understating the work and time it takes to come out with quality projects.
I wonder, did you program this? or did you use the stencyl software.
@NNAAAAHH Denying none of that. But maybe, if we all just stick to what we started until finish, we all would have something awesome to share. And if the money is considered from the beginning I am sure no one like to even make a game that's less than their expectations to earn money. You'd probably get much more than you expect?

Not sure what I am trying to convey but meh.

@Travylleb NO man! I am not the programmer! It's a guy named Kimmo Bordi aka Emico Games from TIGForums that has helped me! He's an amaaazing guy!
In response to A2J2TIWARI
Lucky, there's not much guys willing to do programming free in Mobile Game dev.
In response to Travylleb
Travylleb wrote:
Lucky, there's not much guys willing to do programming free in Mobile Game dev

Rev-Share brother. Plus, your game(art and miniscule level in my case) should show some potential.
Downloaded it yesterday and it's a decent time killer. (:
In response to Kumorii
Jumping really irks me. Seems you cannot apply the jumping force - it jumps the same distance no matter how hard or soft you press it. Also, the afterimage effect needs a little bit of work, the shadows overlap at times and sometimes one of the afterimage loses its transparency. Hopefully more obstacles will be added and whatnot. The game is very cliché but i can see having potential once more variety/different levels are added.
Simple, addictive and most importantly, a working released game.

When you're a trillionaire because it goes viral on android, feel free to drop by BYOND and give us some doshes, thanks.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Jumping really irks me. Seems you cannot apply the jumping force - it jumps the same distance no matter how hard or soft you press it. Also, the afterimage effect needs a little bit of work, the shadows overlap at times and sometimes one of the afterimage loses its transparency. Hopefully more obstacles will be added and whatnot. The game is very cliché but i can see having potential once more variety/different levels are added.

Rushnut wrote:
Simple, addictive and most importantly, a working released game.
Haha, thank you man! I am happy you like it too! And yeah, it took much longer than expected but we made it somehow! Cheers to us! Hehe

When you're a trillionaire because it goes viral on android, feel free to drop by BYOND and give us some doshes, thanks.

Oh man! I hope that sentence of yours becomes a reality! Haha! I will send some beautiful chicks your way and I'll be chilling at a beach in Miami. :P
In response to A2J2TIWARI
You quoted me but never actually, you know, responded.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
You quoted me but never actually, you know, responded.

Damn man! I am 100% sure I had responded to you and Kumorii both D:

I had typed that I have taken everything you have said into account and in version 2 we will fix everything and add lots of sexy stuff! Thank you for pointing everything out and trying out the game :D

@Kumorii Thank you man, thanks a lot! Such great comments make me want to cry tears of joy :'D

@Yut Put Thank you! What you said is huge coming from you. I am very much flattered, haha!

But again, that's A2J2TIWARI for you :P Jking. Being too high of myself, ain't I?

Now waiting for game to get 5thousand plus downloads and get into top free games' list. Haha boo hoo :P
That makes two BYONDers with games on the app store. >:D
We are hosting a competition for everyone. Winner gets to design a character for upcoming update and be the first person to see what's new in game.

Rest on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PonjiRo/

This is totally my opportunity to introduce Kumobear to the world.
Haha @kumorii

Anyways, the competion has begun. Ends this upcoming sunday. Check out PonjiRo facebook page