Final Resurrection: Redemption

by Toddab503
Final Resurrection: Redemption
Do you have what it takes to achieve the Final Resurrection?
ID:1982995

Poll: Where should the future take FR:R?

Open World 60% (23)
More Thorough Progressive World 10% (4)
Randomly Generated Progressive World 23% (9)
Other (Please Specify) 5% (2)

Login to vote.

Okay so as anyone who played FR, or likely FR:R knows the game has been growing with the times for years. It changes, sometimes a little, and sometimes a lot to try to create not only the best, but most popular version it can be.

Given the deaths of all previous versions, and the reactions of them, much has been learned about what does and doesn't work. The greatest lesson is that the current world will not work, which was open world, so if that option is chosen much will change about how its handled.

Is that the right route, though? I personally think not. I lean toward options 2 and 3, because in option 2 you get a lot of the feel the game always had, but with less lack of knowing where to go and what to do, and more exploration. It would be a lot like Legacy of Goku II without the world map, and with more obstacles to work past to get through in time.

And because in option 3 you get an ever changing world where maps, npcs, encounters, enemies; everything becomes far less predictable. You could do it dozens of times, as many fans always did in old versions, but it wouldn't become the same old repetitive thing. This option is also the fastest to design, and the most flexible. There can be progression, yet you can always go through older places you've visited without it being entirely the same.

Now this poll is a bit tricky in its self, because ultimately the games future now lays more in new fans than old fans because the fan base is getting older, busier, and gradually fading, but we do have some of the original fans around so I figure I'll do this to not only get those opinions, but also maybe some from anyone else around BYOND who might be able to count as a few votes for the new fans outside of BYOND I'll be aiming for in the future.

TL;DR

Semi-open world with more room to explore, but also get lost and not know what to do.

More detailed, progressive world to explore, and try to get through and overcome.

Randomly generated world where almost anything changes if not every time, then at least quite frequently.

Cast your vote now. If you're an old fan, please comment with what you voted, if you vote Other then please let me know what you think should be done.
Different zones with large maps would be more appealing. I'd like to see this game make a comeback.
In response to Element88
That actually sounds like #2 or #3, then. I think people may be confusing what the options detail.

Open world doesn't mean the world will be much bigger, it just means you can roam everywhere at any point, with a few exceptions.

Both options #2 and #3 will still feature large maps, #2 just breaks them up into several more 'detailed' sections I.E like the forest in Legacy of Goku II, and you have to get to where the maps connect to go to them. No flight, etc.

Option #3 would be built upon the very stability of reality breaking apart, so you would venture out from the last safe haven to explore large maps that change each time you revisit them. You could always go to new ones, but revisiting old ones would produce different results, and be good for training or gathering resources or seeking out quests or 'secrets' you couldn't see the first time.

This game will come back, somehow. I'm just figuring out the details of how to make it stick around this time.