ID:1985894

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:windows server 2012
Web Browser:Firefox 41.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Use World.SetConfig to place a sticky ban
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
world.SetConfig("keyban",M.ckey,"type=sticky&reason=[reason]&message=[reason]&admin=[ckey(usr.key)]")

Expected Results:
Sticky ban works as intended
Actual Results:
Randomly it will believe anybody who logs in matches the sticky ban and does that until everybody is eventually banned.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Completely random, just happened but previous time was a few months ago
In other games?
unknown
In other user accounts?
n/a
On other computers?
Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When making a stickyban manually through dream daemon.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:
Don't make stickybans using SetConfig

Here is what a stickyban entry looks like with setconfig
joegreyshirt:Exadv1.spacestation13 type=sticky&reason=Test&message=Test&admin=pomf123

and through DD
joegreyshirt reason=Test&message=Test&type=sticky

Is it possible that the game specific part triggers some issue, or the admin flag?

edit: apparently the ban that caused the issue in question was applied a few weeks ago
Was jogreyshirt the account name of the user who set this off, or was it someone else?

The game-specific part may or may not play into this. I'll see what I can find.
Joegreyshirt was just an example name. But it's happened with about 3-4 separate account names I believe.

Also it primarily seems to cascade.

The sticky ban will ban one or two other people, and then very rapidly proceed to ban about 2/3rds of the playerbase. Some people seem inexplicably immune to this and never get sucked into the sticky ban.
I need to know any specific names it's happened with.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I need to know any specific names it's happened with.

luffdiuhnenh was the name on this last one.
Ideally what will help me is if in every case, you can get me the raw ban info from after it has triggered. Those can be sent in a message for privacy concerns. I think that'll help me piece together the pattern here.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ideally what will help me is if in every case, you can get me the raw ban info from after it has triggered. Those can be sent in a message for privacy concerns. I think that'll help me piece together the pattern here.

will do
Lummox I sent you a message with some information regarding the most recent incarnation of this.
Bumping this, I set a ban and it took about 7 others with it. Was this ever fixed?
Different post from me with the same issue:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2255137

Count this as a bump, this is just simply something you need to fix, not in 2 years.. But soon.