Azusa RP Online

by Inutaishos
Azusa RP Online
New Game Mode: Battle Arena, and Free to play steam period!
ID:1988072

Finally we are taking the first steps into remaking -every- graphics of Azusa!
The reasons of doing this is very simple, I am moving foward to have a completelly original game, since the graphics are mostly from RPG Makers and other free resources I am starting to remake everything, I dont know how long it will take... But we are making progress;

I won't make a update version for these changes, they will be done slowly; as soon as I finish a new tile it will be able to be seen in game, when I finish everything I will probably make another topic about it.

Why I am doing all this? I know some of you still love the rpg maker icon quality, but the game needs to be taken a little bit serious before I try to step foward into some big advertises, I am looking to make it great before trying a steam greenlight, a decent trailer etc... I am sure players out of BYOND won't even try a game with rpg maker graphics, so... That will be my focus for now...

Sorry if they are not as good as the rpg maker ones :( I am not a professional, as everyone know these are the first scenario pixel arts I try (All I made so far was the base/clothes/armors etc) But I am doing my best, and actually I enjoy the colorfull results :D

PS: Some of the new graphics can be seen at the RP server! as I am using it for tests <3
Inutaishos wrote:
I am sure players out of BYOND won't even try a game with rpg maker graphics, so... That will be my focus for now...

There are probably a dozen or so games on Steam that use RPG Maker sprites. It's pretty silly how common they are, honestly.
Yeah I know, the reason on why don't even try a game with rpg maker graphics is: There is alot of games with rpg maker graphics
Do the tiles look that blurry in game too or?
Good going.
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:

Yes
In response to Inutaishos
Inutaishos wrote:
VixiV wrote:

Yes

Follow up question. Why?
In response to VixiV
VixiV wrote:
Follow up question. Why?

There are 2 reasons, first one is:
I like the effect it gives, I mean the way the character gets sharper in a bright-colorfull terrain..

and actually I use a technique I learned on pixel art, you make the pixel 2x with few colors, then u reduce it to make it a bit blurry.. its easier to drawn, faster and looks cool (looks like I used tons of shades to make some effects *aka look at the montains and trees*) And when doing that with the Terrains, I did a math mistake and ended up doing it 4x :S And it ended up more blurried then it should, but goes back to the first, I like it like that, makes the characters and objects and future details in "focus"
In response to Inutaishos
Well thats one way to look at it. I kind of have to agree with Vixi tho, while that's certainly a style it's different. some might even say a bit distracting from what would be otherwise, pretty nice grass.
Is that what you use to make the icons for the HUD as well?
I've always sort of noticed that, just thought it was intentional too.
In response to Avidanimefan
Yeah same idea
Who does your character art btw?
Just wondering!
TBH i wouldn't even worry about what the players of BYOND would or wouldn't play. As long as your game doesn't laglags, has a shit interface, DBZ themed, and a sandbox RP, they will literally play ANYTHING. Think of BYOND's players as a tasteless horde of kids with low spec PCs who are here to just RP and fap, and could care less about what experience your game has to offer.
In response to Yut Put
Someone sounds salty.
Therapy would help clear that butt-hurt right up.
I Like the fact that ur taking those steps one because they dont want people to use rpg maker art outside of rpg maker and they make a big deal out of it and most people use it not knowing because to the naked eye most sites will say free tile set but there only free to people using them on a official copy of rpg maker because most are just reedits of the game tiles sets and or people who make them say for rpg maker use only but its rarely read.

In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
Someone sounds salty.
Therapy would help clear that butt-hurt right up.

The only thing that would fix the (true) issues detailed in my post os the deletion of BYOND. This place isn't changing.

Go back to illegally making money off of Funimation's C&D
In response to Yut Put
Like you tried to make money off of that failed skyrim clone?

In response to Yut Put
Dude, I rarelly seen you doing constructive criticism, only hateism...
I seriously like critics but, seriously, what? No one was talking about "worry about what the players of BYOND would or wouldn't play" the topic is all about getting the game ready to try some players out of byond...

Lol, infact what makes ppl want to play BYOND is this fan feels, people here can play games that makes them feel on their favourite anime (Not like those 3d horrible games that are just mmorpg with dbz/saintseiya/whatever arts). This actually doesn't make them a horde of kids with low spec PCs... The same stuff I told you years ago on those hateism of urs, I want to state again: "Why would someone play a 2d byond skyrim if there is the actual epic 3d great gameplay skyrim?" BYOND games haves what the big games doesn't have, if you remove it from BYOND, whats the point?

You are an experienced guy in game designing, you shouldve realised that some BYOND games have a great playerbase isn't just because its a fangame (yeah its because the fangame, but not only that) if you see that Dragon Ball Online game, few ppl can play that game for years, if you check BYOND players, wellp they usually stick here for like 5 years playing those 2d games for a reason right? Don't hate, try to learn...

There are things on BYOND ppl outside BYOND should learn, mainly about game design :D Don't lose faith, and don't try to make a BYOND game just like a copy of any triple A, we don't want those, we are bored of those ;D
In response to Yut Put
Yut ur problem is u blame everyone else for ur game not catching peoples attention, I just seen u posting about how people arnt playing ur game the way u want them to. Yet people constantly try to let u kno why, but ur not taking what people say. U think because of the time u have in programming people dont kno what makes games fun. I don't kno if u kno games are meant to be fun and re-playable. This whole notion that players are wrong and what they think don't matter is just strange in its self. And u ur self said ur game is based on a already existing game but still find a way to say fan games are bad but u made one....
Sorry to get off topic btw good progress but if it was me I wouldn't read to much into the blurred thing. I see where ur going but u don't wanna make ur base and shading style feel out of place in the world. U seem to be using dark outlines for ur base clothing so sharper turfs would be better in my opinion
Page: 1 2