The Last Conflict

by Darker Emerald
The Last Conflict
Guns, explosives, classes and killing zombies! https://discordapp.com/invite/wsWfM9u
ID:1991250

Will try to make this easy to explain for the non-techies out here.

!!What you need!!
1 -2GB Ram or higher & A 1.5 GHZ Processor or higher.
2 -A 2 megabit(aka 200 kbp/s) or higher upload speed(The higher, the more you can fit in people without lag, when people start spamming lag in the chat, that's how you know your limit.)

How do I chuck?
Windows XP & 7 users:

1. Get on this window (you've probably been there before)
and right click where the red arrow is pointing at and select properties.
and you should get this screen:

Now check if it matches the requirements I listed above.
As you can see, the image above has a 2.8ghz processor and 4GB Ram, which is more than enough.

What about my internet speed?
Go to : http://openspeedtest.com , hit "Start Testing Speed".
You should get results like this:

The highlighted red box number is critical to your server. If its 2 or higher , you can fit a decent amount of people without lag.
Ignore the green box number, it wont impact your servers performance hard.

You got this covered you say? Well you're pretty much done. All there is left is to port forward.

This is where things get a little ruff(BARK BARK, MEOW) but its pretty simple.

STEP 1:
Go to your start menu (Windows 8 users, do that draggy thing on the top left)
and search CMD, hit enter when you find it.

Step 2:
Type ipconfig on the black box and hit enter. You should end up with this info:
Step 3: Punch those numbers in to your web browser, like you would when visiting any other websites like this:
CLICK THIS http://i.imgur.com/vsYtOPs.png < TO DISPLAY THE IMAGE

STEP 4: BUT... MY SCREEN DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE YOURS....
Calm down, this is going to be different for EVERYONE depending on what you have but one thing remains...YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO LOGIN.
You're going to need the username & password of this thing but before you go asking "MUM, WHAT DID YOU USE TO SET UP THIS THING?"
google your modems/routers(internet box) model number(Get yer ass up, look for the sticker on that thing that powers the internet).
Once you find it, it should say whatever brand it is from , for example:
Linkys E49443 Wireless Router <-- I made that up but look up your MODEL NUMBER and type default password on google or something. Like this:
"Linkys 3941 Default password". Click links until you find the info you're
looking for, which would be something like, "user:admin pass:admin" (again, whoever set up the internet box might have changed admin to bob and the password to cats or something).

Step 5:
You got the password? You logged in some how? Great, you're 90% done already.

Again, this is going to look different for EVERYONE. What you need to do is find the "Forwarding" tab or the tab with any of these words:

Or jut keep clicking stuff until you end up with some settings like this:

Now pretty much enter what I entered in those boxes like 63582. but NOT the IP Address. The arrow shows what you're supposed to put in that.
AGAIN, these boxes may have different terms depending on the router.

PLEASE GOOGLE YOUR INTERNET BOX MODEL NUMBER AND TYPE IN PORT FORWARD TO FIND WHERE THIS IS IN THE FIRST PLACE...

Final:

After you're done with all that, you get on byond, click the gear thing,
Hit "Start Dream Dameon". Change the port to what you typed earlier which would be "63582" . Change Security to "Trusted" if you don't want to be bugged a lot. Download the host files http://www.byond.com/games/DarkerEmerald/TLC , right click the folder,
click "Extract there"

Then click the ... where the red box is highlighted and find where you placed your host files, clicking "Thelastconflict.dmb" .

Once you're done, hit GO and you should be up and running

Disclaimer: if you get haxed don't blame me. I am not liable.