ID:1992551

So, I'm a manager at a grocery store. It's not a great job, but it pays alright. Definitely not my ideal job or anything, but that's another story. It does have some relevance to this story though. This story, is about an elephant...

A few days before Thanksgiving, a woman comes up to me at work and asks 'Do you haven anything I can use to clean my elephant?' I look at her, probably about the same way you are now looking at the screen. 'I'm sorry?' I say.

'I need something to clean my elephant' she says again. She than holds her hands about a foot apart. 'He's about this big.'

At this point, I'm thoroughly confused and I'm trying not to laugh at her. We've got shampoo? Maybe a big push broom? A garden hose? After another few second delay she finally announces 'He's silver.'

'Oh, you wan't silver polish. Yeah, we've got that...'

Why the hell would you lead with 'elephant' and not 'silver'?
But really, how much more strange would it be if you looked and actually had supplies for cleaning an elephant? She was probably high tbh..
That's nothing. I work in retail, these are the types of voicemails we get on a daily basis:

Hi, uhhhh, I'm Susan. Can someone please call me back? Thanks. ( no phone number, no email, no last name so we can't look up any order from her via that, so we can't do anything except delete the message and move to the next one )

Yes, I was wondering if I can still get free shipping if I place an order today because I didn't get around to placing it on Cyber Monday. Please call me back, thanks. ( yeah, we're totally going to give you a Cyber Monday free shipping discount on a Thursday, idiot )

Hello? Is anyone there? HELLOOOOOOO? ( you'd think in 2015 it'd be impossible for someone in america to not know how a voicemail system works )

Yes, I was calling to find out if your football lapel pins are actual footballs that can be played with? Could someone call me back with an answer on that? I'd appreciate it. ( yes, we sell lapel pins that are also simultaneously actual footballs that you can play the sport of football with. also our yoda t-shirts are actual yodas that use the force to wage war against the sith )

I have a question. I placed an order for books 5 minutes ago, I was wondering why those aren't ready for pickup yet? ( because its completely reasonable to expect your order, made at a university bookstore during fall semester when hundreds of other students are also placing orders, to be ready within 5 minutes of you hitting the submit button, you pompous jackwagon )
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
That's nothing. I work in retail, these are the types of voicemails we get on a daily basis:

Hi, uhhhh, I'm Susan. Can someone please call me back? Thanks. ( no phone number, no email, no last name so we can't look up any order from her via that, so we can't do anything except delete the message and move to the next one )

Probably once a month I get a note that says something along the lines of 'Can I please get Tuesday and Wednesday off' with no name attached. There are 150 people that work there... They don't get the day off. Well, they might, but it's just luck.
Either she has one of the driest sense of humors I've ever seen, or she's just very bad at getting her thoughts across to other people.