In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
i quoted that because your dumbass doesn't know what the hell you're talking about... "Look incredible, but I can see some random looking white lines flickering about on both of the south-facing states." you didn't even know those lines were from him animating the shield and moving it around you thought it was something he purposely did when its just him getting the movement animations down.

You're right, I didn't know that. He made a thread asking why does his shield look weird, I posted the first immediate thing that I saw in relation to the shield. Today I learned

With that being said your first two comments showed that your, "ability to excessively objectively critically asses(LoL) something" is nothing but your self proclaimed ignorant pro game developer of byond mentality showing and you aren't qualified to give anyone art advice.

When have I ever exclaimed myself to be a "pro game developer". I never have said that because I don't particularly believe it to be true, I'm sloppy slow and lazy, all bad things in development! However none of that has anything to do with this discussion, and I reject your opinion of "qualification" required to give advice and criticism. It's silly, and doesn't promote improvement.

you will be dismissed for your ignorance... if you wanna help learn how to draw a circle and a line then in 10yrs come back to this topic lol everything you said about abysswolfs idle animations proved you don't belong here now please remove yourself from this section and let real artist help him out. Zane could probably help him the best since he's better than me at animating... well im lazy.

I don't even know how to respond to this, what are you even saying? I'm ignorant? Maybe you don't understand the meaning of that word. I'll be dismissed? I wasn't even talking in relation to you anyway, I just stated some facts for the OP to consider. Remove myself from this section? Why on Earth would I want to do anything you're telling me to, you've done nothing but prove to me your own incompetence over the past few weeks, lol.

Maybe you should heed your own advice and "Let a real artist help him out", lmao.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
You're right, I didn't know that. He made a thread asking why does his shield look weird, I posted the first immediate thing that I saw in relation to the shield. Today I learned

When have I ever exclaimed myself to be a "pro game developer". I never have said that because I don't particularly believe it to be true, I'm sloppy slow and lazy, all bad things in development! However none of that has anything to do with this discussion, and I reject your opinion of "qualification" required to give advice and criticism. It's silly, and doesn't promote improvement.

I don't even know how to respond to this, what are you even saying? I'm ignorant? Maybe you don't understand the meaning of that word. I'll be dismissed? I wasn't even talking in relation to you anyway, I just stated some facts for the OP to consider. Remove myself from this section? Why on Earth would I want to do anything you're telling me to, you've done nothing but prove to me your own incompetence over the past few weeks, lol.

Maybe you should heed your own advice and "Let a real artist help him out", lmao.

He asked for CC on his shield and the only thing you can point out is white lines... how the hell is that helpful or needed ? thats what you brought to the table 0 art advice, 0 insight on how to improve it pretty much nothing...

The ability to be able to excessively objectively critically asses something without bias is not only a fantastic life skill, but also something I pride myself on.

Lol this is that pro game developer byond mentality i was talking about that alot of you retards have.
Question, how can you give advice when you don't know how to do art ? how can you advise someone on how to improve something when you yourself have no idea how he can achieve that ? thats like me telling a programmer, "no you're using dantoms in the wrong place" i don't even know what the hell dantoms are clearly im not qualified to help with that... you don't know anything about key frames, inbetween frames, delays, spacing smh i can go on and on about Animation something you know nothing about you're a tourist trying to give another tourist map directions but aren't too familiar with the area.

Ignorant the lack of knowledge of a subject... you lack knowledge on the subject of art which makes you ignorant on the subject at hand so there is no way you can respond to that. You didn't state any facts... He asked for help about the shield and you...Jersey

Out of everyone in this topic that posted im probably the only one with any animation knowledge and experience to actually help him improve or fix what he needs help with... hell out of everyone on this site theres only 3other active people that can help him so he might wanna post on wayofthepixel if you and your advice is the best byond can do.
you're a tourist trying to give another tourist map directions but aren't too familiar with the area.

Ok that was pretty funny, and a good quote that actually helped your argument.

The rest of your post? Throw it in the trash. I don't need to know wtf a keyframe is to be able to say something looks odd, just in the same way you don't need to know how to program to tell me that my game is bugged, lmao.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
you're a tourist trying to give another tourist map directions but aren't too familiar with the area.

Ok that was pretty funny, and a good quote that actually helped your argument.

The rest of your post? Throw it in the trash. I don't need to know wtf a keyframe is to be able to say something looks odd, just in the same way you don't need to know how to program to tell me that my game is bugged, lmao.

Key frames are the most important frames of a animation and they're the frames that receive the most attention and detail while inbetween frames don't need as much detail and can be a little sloppy or even drawn by a completely different person... if you don't know about key frames, spacing and timing you can't help him improve his animations you don't see whats wrong like someone with experience in animation does.

I would however... need to know how to program to tell you how to fix it... I Would also ha...Jersey.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
The problem is theres not enough movement with the shield and body also the animations aren't smooth probably missing some inbetween frames o_O post your key frames i would do a edit but when i save your image it has 200+ frames.

ease into your animations ;)

The animation only has 4 frames and I'd like to keep it that way. I do agree with Rushnut that the lion's animation isn't that great and he also looks a bit static and rigid but I get your point.

This one is tricky because the wrist of the base has a subtle movement along with the rest of the body, so even slightly shifting the shield a pixel more makes it seem like too many loose parts moving around.
For the west state, doesn't it seems like Abdomen area is sinking a little to much. He suddenly has a Abdomen of a John Cena shifting into the waste size of The Sexy goddess Genesis Rodriguez <3, However.. I think may help.
You might as well add more states, being picky doesn't work if you're trying to get a good game with animation out. Southend's got the right idea imo. You won't get anything better than that on byond lol.
In response to VixiV
I'm not adding more frames not because I am being picky, but because I just don't think there's a need for extra frames. Southend said he thought the animation had 200 frames, not to add another frame. I think he was talking about the shield animation, which I do agree it feels like it skips a frame.

From your own perspective, do you think the attack stance(without the shield) needs an extra frame? I personally can't see it.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
I'm not adding more frames not because I am being picky, but because I just don't think there's a need for extra frames. Southend said he thought the animation had 200 frames, not to add another frame. I think he was talking about the shield animation, which I do agree it feels like it skips a frame.

From your own perspective, do you think the attack stance(without the shield) needs an extra frame? I personally can't see it.

this is what happens when i save your image to my computer
In response to Exentriks Gaming
Exentriks Gaming wrote:

Uns uns uns uns uns uns uns uns...
In response to Kats
I assume you meant UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
I assume you meant UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

Oh... my god. I better call Saul, because you can SUE ME!

<3
I see why he made it 4 frames, It saves time with overlays and other things in the future, but if you want animations to be smooth doesn't hurt to add an extra two frames.
lively, I like it a lot
Page: 1 2