ID:1995102

I'm really just looking for feedback on the shield. Does it look right? Is it following the stance correctly? Some help would be really appreciated.

Update #1:

This looks absolutely amazing.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
This looks absolutely amazing.

Thank you! I feel like something is still off, I just can't put my finger on it.
its the east/west state u should be able to see a little bit of the inside unless posture changes from south view
In response to Ganite
There is one frame in there that shows the inside but I guess it isn't obvious enough. You may be right.

edit: I definitely think that state is the worst one so good eye.
Look incredible, but I can see some random looking white lines flickering about on both of the south-facing states. I imagine it's you trying to show the edge of the shield, but it doesn't show up in any of the other states and just look more like a glitch tha anything.
Maybe it's just me but the shield on the East state is being rocked around way more than every other state. I'm not sure whether that's intentional but it just doesn't look right to me.

A shield is supposed to protect you, so it just seems silly that you'd jolt it around so harshly.

That aside, these are amazing. Keep up the great work!
I have to agree with Unlockable if that is suppose to be a battle state. I'd go and take a look at how they did Link on Ocarina of Time might help you out.
In response to Unlockable
Unlockable wrote:
Maybe it's just me but the shield on the East state is being rocked around way more than every other state. I'm not sure whether that's intentional but it just doesn't look right to me.

A shield is supposed to protect you, so it just seems silly that you'd jolt it around so harshly.

That aside, these are amazing. Keep up the great work!

I know exactly what you mean and I agree. It has just been a little tough finding the balance between the swinging motion and keeping it subtle enough. But thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices it and thank you for the praise!
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Look incredible, but I can see some random looking white lines flickering about on both of the south-facing states. I imagine it's you trying to show the edge of the shield, but it doesn't show up in any of the other states and just look more like a glitch tha anything.

I think that problem is fixed on the updated version.
In response to Exentriks Gaming
I can see a very clear wonky looking white line here

To clarify, it's the line above the band around his ankle.
In response to Rushnut
Ah I see, good eye. That's just there from shifting the shield up a pixel, it's not white, it's just empty space from testing. It won't be there in the final version.

And this, sword hilt randomly appears in hand.
In response to Inuyashaisbest
Lol the animation is a WIP, there's some things out of place and in the works. I'm really just focused on the correct animation of the shield right now.
The problem is theres not enough movement with the shield and body also the animations aren't smooth probably missing some inbetween frames o_O post your key frames i would do a edit but when i save your image it has 200+ frames.

ease into your animations ;)
In response to Southend_boi
But that sprite's animation is fairly poor though...

The mane looks like it's missing at least one frame
The chest looks like it's made of jello
The sword is literally just moving along the x/y, not animating at all.
His bottom right foot has the heel move without any of the rest of the foot moving
His shoulders protrude far our of where would be reasonably possible
His loincloth is missing one, if not two or three frames
There's no consistent physics to any of the animation

The actual sprite itself is fantastic, but the animation is poor.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
But that sprite's animation is fairly poor though...

The mane looks like it's missing at least one frame
The chest looks like it's made of jello
The sword is literally just moving along the x/y, not animating at all.
His bottom right foot has the heel move without any of the rest of the foot moving
His shoulders protrude far our of where would be reasonably possible
His loincloth is missing one, if not two or three frames
There's no consistent physics to any of the animation

The actual sprite itself is fantastic, but the animation is poor.
Rushnut wrote:

Rushnut wrote:
I can see a very clear wonky looking white line here

To clarify, it's the line above the band around his ankle.

Stay out of the Arts & Sound section.
In response to Southend_boi
...what?

Why did you quote that? What does it mean?

THE NUMBERS LARRSON. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

The ability to be able to excessively objectively critically asses something without bias is not only a fantastic life skill, but also something I pride myself on. It is not a skill which requires me to be able to accomplish anything of what I'm critiquing, but that's not a reason to dismiss anything I say.

A brick layer does not get to say "You're not allowed to say the house is shit just because I missed out two walls and it fell over after a gust of air. It's MEANT to be like that".
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
...what?

Why did you quote that? What does it mean?

THE NUMBERS LARRSON. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

The ability to be able to excessively objectively critically asses something without bias is not only a fantastic life skill, but also something I pride myself on. It is not a skill which requires me to be able to accomplish anything of what I'm critiquing, but that's not a reason to dismiss anything I say.

A brick layer does not get to say "You're not allowed to say the house is shit just because I missed out two walls and it fell over after a gust of air. It's MEANT to be like that".

i quoted that because your dumbass doesn't know what the hell you're talking about... "Look incredible, but I can see some random looking white lines flickering about on both of the south-facing states." you didn't even know those lines were from him animating the shield and moving it around you thought it was something he purposely did when its just him getting the movement animations down.

With that being said your first two comments showed that your, "ability to excessively objectively critically asses(LoL) something" is nothing but your self proclaimed ignorant pro game developer of byond mentality showing and you aren't qualified to give anyone art advice.

you will be dismissed for your ignorance... if you wanna help learn how to draw a circle and a line then in 10yrs come back to this topic lol everything you said about abysswolfs idle animations proved you don't belong here now please remove yourself from this section and let real artist help him out. Zane could probably help him the best since he's better than me at animating... well im lazy.
Page: 1 2