ID:1997323

(See the best response by PJB3005.)

Maybe this is in the wrong section, but here goes. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could use a DM function, so send information into my OPEN browser without a refresh? I am currently trying differant things with jquery and DM browsers but the best I could come up with so far is to send a Topic() to DM from javascript, do whatever needs to be done, and update the Javascript using AJAX and a timer basically because I am unable to activate JS fucntions with DM on an allready opened browser without a refresh....

Sooo, if you can understand any of that mess... any other Ideas on how this could be done?

One idea I had would be for all DM browsers to have a built in AJAX script with a DM procedure specifically for sending new commands to the browser, but that would require so cooperation from the devs if there is no other way to accomplish something like this.
Best response
This is easily possible with the output() proc.

With output(), you can execute Javascript functions on browser controls, syntax is the following:
destination << output(list2params(list(arguments for the javascript call)), "[controlname]:[javascript function name]")

An example (this assumes there's a browser control with the id "test":
/mob/verb/test(var/test as message)
src << output(list2params(list(test)), "test:myFunction")

And for the Javascript code:

function myFunction(message)
{
alert(message);
}

For more info, this is all mentioned in the DM reference.
Thank you... and now that you mention it I may have heard this before and it somehow slipped my mind. Regardless, thanks for the help and quick response!
You can use a similar approach in the webclient for custom controls.