ID:1999337

Not Feasible
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Implementing this feature is not possible now or in the foreseeable future
It could be very useful if we were able to set a browsers background to transparent and border less. This could be very useful for layering html over the map and different interface modules. Improved chat interfaces, stat menus, dialog boxes whatever.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not Feasible)
Enhancing transparency in DS for most controls is simply not feasible. This is especially true for the browser control. Windows wasn't built to handle transparent child windows, even though considerations for that should have been made quite some time ago.

The webclient is another story, although I suspect transparent browser controls there would also be problematic. IIRC iframes can be persnickety about that.
Aww, bummer! Thanks for the quick response! Good work your doing round here!
I would like to point out that borderless/chromeless windows and regional transparency (1-bit) are both easily possible and implemented by the /tg/ and Goon branches of Space Station 13. In addition, full window transparency is possible. This is all done using the existing winset controls...

Here's an example of my implementation, in NanoUI, /tg/'s UI library: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hso341jlms4szge/ 2015-12-15_00-41-10.mp4?dl=0

Try logging onto byond://lljk4.goonhub.com:26400/ to see Goon's version in action.