ID:2002129

Greetings, everyone! This is my first post; I'm a long-time forum lurker looking to improve my pixel art/programming skills! With this being my first post, I've decided to commemorate the occasion by drawing up my first profile picture--please feel free to critique it!

I look forward to working with all of you in the future!
Welcome! What kinda games are you planning on making?
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Welcome! What kinda games are you planning on making?

Why, generic DBZ/Naruto rips, of course!

BYOND-jokes aside, I have quite a few ideas rolling in this brain of mine. I like to experiment with just about every type of game genre, but I seem to always keep coming back to the turn-based RPG; it is one of my first loves in video games since my days as a wee lad. A close second would be a sprawling hack-and-slash adventure type ala Secret of Mana!
Welcome to the forums :) I like the profile picture
You can only fully master one profession sir
In response to Baird
Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Baird wrote:

There is definitely some truth to be said about this. At this moment I'm looking to learn as much as I can and see how far that gets me.
BYOND =/= Mastering Programming
Love it. Though I have to say, the arm looks a bit weird with how flat it is.
In response to Baird
Leonardo da Vinci laughs at your claim.

Euler and Gauss laugh at the related claim that you can only master a subfield of a profession.
In response to Azurift
Azurift wrote:
There is definitely some truth to be said about this. At this moment I'm looking to learn as much as I can and see how far that gets me.

not really, no. every skill is able to be learned

learning how to program doesn't take away your chance of learning how to draw
learning how to compose music doesn't take away your chance of learning how to program

it's all asinine. some people are just too stupid or lazy
In response to GatewayRa
GatewayRa wrote:
not really, no. every skill is able to be learned

learning how to program doesn't take away your chance of learning how to draw
learning how to compose music doesn't take away your chance of learning how to program

it's all asinine

Except that each of those is an allocation of time, and the time available to spend is finite. In principle it's not impossible, but in practice there's a reason the phrase goes "jack of all trades, master of none".
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Except that each of those is an allocation of time, and the time available to spend is finite. In principle it's not impossible, but in practice there's a reason the phrase goes "jack of all trades, master of none".

i agree but the context is about programming and art. it won't take you a lifetime to master programming and "master art" if that's what you want to do, unless you're undedicated or give yourself brain damage.

i enclosed "master art" in quotes because it's a very broad topic, whileas in programming there are specifications that describe every single language feature and it's able to be memorized.
Honestly love it!
http://i.imgur.com/9VDcAyk.png

Welcome! As a new member, you may not be aware, but pagerbanning a user makes their posts just disappear. Altogether, I'd say your experience of BYOND will vary greatly based your use/lack of use of this feature.

Good to see a traditional pixel artist moving in. I was beginning to think us 8-bit fetishists were dying out.
In response to Azurift
Azurift wrote:
Thanks for the kind words, fellas!

Baird wrote:

Truth is, the days where you can lay around and do nothing are over so Leonardo whatever needs to shut up. Every day these days is literally a Pikmin 3 stage, sun goes up you got a certain amount of time to do things sun goes down, unless you're rich. Unless you plan to be homeless a little to get stuff done.

These guys wouldn't know. At the bottom of your heart you know who's the best designer in here.

Which is why poorer kids go for being an athlete or needy things, like becoming a doctor, people NEED doctors, people's taste in art will always be an opinion. NEEDS will always generate more money.

Richer kiddies usually go for the arts or that creative route because they have the money and time to master more than one profession, and usually are stuck spoiled in the house confirming their right brain thinking identity making them artsy and snobby.

While the lefter's are so used to being in crowds and around people, so they'll most likely choose a standard but high income route.

Anyway, I'm all over the place, you can only master one profession for these reasons tl;dr

1.There's too much to do these days Leonardo wouldnt have been known if he was born in the 1980's+.

2.Einstein wouldn't have been known if computers were around.

3.artsy thinkers are attracted to entertainment, it's an autism technically, but we probably didn't have a name for it back then so everyone ignores how Einstein didn't like socks or never combed his hair or had a large taste of music*which proves you can relate to many making you obviously intelligent*.

Einsteins parents THOUGHT he was dumb until they gave him a compas, something he was interested in changed everything.

Most right brain thinkers are black sheeped by left brain thinkers and usually they do something emotional like cry or shoot up a school or something, because they feel the world is against them. Or a movie theater.

There's too many distractions these days and on TOP OF ALL THAT, you have to work to survive, and most people gets this in their head too late so they'll never be prepared earlier while living for free with their parents.

If you're in Merica, once you turn age 5 you're a slave being trained just about, and it doesn't hit you until too late that you can be whatever you want, it just takes time skill and practice, but usually when people realize this, they have rent and working that 9 to 5, making the one profession rule solid.

Teamwork is essential at the bottom, teamwork is how those transcend into better things, however everyone has addictions to feed themselves these days, so teamwork is devalued and everyone stays poor, simple as that.

Master a profession, find a team, be successful.

I claim to be a designer, I have a little skill in all other professions but I know compared to most I'm trash but thanks to my designing skills and thinking outside the box I can figure things out in a different way, though it may be sloppy.

Which is why you may think I'm a little too confident like everyone else but if I'm a designer/director and had low confidence who'd wanna watch my movies or play my games or even work with me. When the whole point in the artsy route is to amuse others, and make them feel however you want them to through the arts and designs of your craft.

All of this applies to byonders as-well. I CANT FINISH A GAME gee it's pretty hard to do anything when you can literally find anything you want on the internet to entertain yourself with since it's right there. People wonder why they get so much done when there internet is out, the answers are in peoples faces and they cant see it because they're so used to living life how they do they don't even think about it. We could all be Einsteins, but he had a perk we don't not having all the entertainment food and phones and all the other things to throw us off track and to spend our money.

So the next step in natural selection, in evolution, the people that will be chosen are the ones able to fight these wants, and they're rewarded with every other hard worker is rewarded with, a spot in the 1% population 1st world and lots of money.
Here's a few examples of successful right thinkers genius.

Chick that made harry potter
----------------------------
trash to class as explained

Egoraptor
----------
Dropped out of school.
Says things randomly(like most people on the internet being over dramatic and stuff overreacting)
Loves voice acting and animating(thats until you let everything in the world distracts you once you finally make it to the better side of life, which then people cry "HES NOT AS GOOD AS HE USED TO BE" or "FINISH GIRL cHAN PARaDISE")

Drake
------
similar to ego he dropped out and worked a 9 to 5

Chief Keef -autis
-----------
Worked hard while broke and made it, almost everyone loved him.
Now hes rich he makes songs with a unique sound, while everyone else is downplaying him, other popular artist shows support for his style obviously fans of the boy, artist like :lady gaga, wiz khalifa, drake(no one figured it out yet but me but drakes new dance moves is from him watching too many Chicagoan's from the bad side of the city dancing.)example: http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2015/10/20/ drake-dance/drake-10.w529.h352.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4788885/lil-jay-o.gif

http://49.media.tumblr.com/d86e8c630677dcace2df410a71e8e722/ tumblr_nhzlpv0RfX1s33glko1_400.gif

Notice how hes been dying to be a gangbanger lately?
who else claims 6 but from chicago

who did drake meet with? http://prntscr.com/9hkgnw
A flaw of right brain thinkers is they feel like they need to also prove they can be tough, so they resort to listening to people from Chicago, especially the biggest hood name from Chicago, Chief Keef. Even Kendrick talks about Chicago sometimes. The artist I listed above does the same thing, as-well as Future.

Even hacking groups like Red Lizard Squad and Anonymous are into Chicago because of their super talented Autist side craves the reputation.

Red lizard squad was in flames when one of their favorite rappers were shot on the south side of chicago and killed.

http://prntscr.com/9hke8g
--
Too smart to care about living but we care about impressing others(true art), which is how videos, and even sounds of me being in the worst emotional states can release and it really doesn't bother me, hell once again I'm friends with the person that did it, and I embarrassed him too, so you should know why we're friends. Different.

just an animation but you should get it

not saying we want to blow ourselves up but when we get emotional no matter the emotion something serious based off that emotion will happen
another flaw of reich thinkers right*(see what I did there?) is our uncleanliness back to Einsteins hair, paper work, and my pcs desktop.

So excuse me if I seem extremely intelligent but sloppy.
I personally am a huge misfit.

I could've made it a long long time ago.

In the 4th grade, I forgot how it went down exactly but a teacher saw something in me and bought be a scholarship for the school downtown at college arts and design. Problem was my insane mommy never took me. The teacher was heartbroken saying she spent alot of money for me, but I could do nothing my mom had complete control when I was at that age, which is where my rebellious nature grew in. My mom let another womans money goto waste, and was racist towards her, which made me into an open minded considerate person, rather being another black moral christian.

The School: https://www.ccad.edu/
In response to Ter13
There are 2 pages to this thread? Haha, I only see 5 (myself included) replies. Guess that block button really comes in handy.
harrow crowd majye
Page: 1 2