ID:2003875

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
At the moment you can only get things like the mouses location or pixel location via a push from the mouse procs. It would be nice if we could manually pull them at any given time.

When I say params, I mean a full list, not specifically the mouse params defined in the ref, but rather an extended list which includes things such as the object under the mouse.
this has security issues because what if you were using an onscreen keyboard to type your password on another website?

this is a bad idea... just like its a bad idea to be able to obtain clipboard information
The only way to do this would be to track the last value, which you can do already. While Windows can get the cursor location onscreen at any time, the webclient can't.
Right, you can track the last location, but it isn't contextual if that makes sense?

Let's say I'm making a topdown shooter. I want to shoot where my mouse is aiming, if I move the mouse and save the last location, then stop moving the mouse (all whilst firing) and move upwards, my guy keeps shooting to where the last position of the mouse is, when in reality the mouse position moves with the player. If my mouse was directly west of my player and I move up, it starts to shoot diagonally down as opposed to where the mouse actually is (Which is still west).
In response to Rushnut
thats a security hazard
you may as well just include a .dll in your game to do it since it has the ability to do harm anyways
If you go by screen coords, you'll be fine. Just convert those to a relative direction.
Right, but things like that become very difficult when working with different client.perspective-s
Granted, but it's the nature of the beast. Anyway it seems like you could easily use client.bounds to make those calculations easier. The last mouse position from the screen can be converted to a pixel offset, and adjusted based on your player's bounding box accordingly.