ID:2014295

When people have been connecting to our server, a pair of error messages have started to appear in the DD log:
BUG: Unable to open file for resource batching
BUG: Failed to create rsc batch

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Connect
2. Within moments, the pair of error messages hit the log.
3. The error seems to happen at most once per connection attempt.

My players are also reporting disconnects with a message about dreamdaemon killing the connection. I am starting with the resource batching issue since it has actually hit our logs unambiguously.

To clarify:
I'm hosting with dream daemon from the 509.1318 build.
We're hosting a SS13 game on Ubuntu 15.10, and the error is coming from DreamDaemon's log (stderr/stdout).
I, personally, am running XP Pro and have yet to suffer any disconnect, though the server is logging the rsc errors when I connect.
The resource batching means that a temp file name was created, but the file could not be opened. The file should be in your cache directory, which I believe should be ~/.byond/cache unless you've set something different in your config. Most likely this is a permission problem, or it could mean (less likely) that you're running out of file handles.

I'm moving this from Beta Bugs to BYOND Help, because it doesn't appear to be webclient related, and as far as I can tell it's not an actual bug, but a system problem.
Just a follow-up to confirm your explanation. We setup our server with three important users, which we'll call dog, cat, and mouse. In addition to their personal groups, each of these three users are members of user group house.

The users dog and cat represent the two server admins who would start or restart DreamDaemon. DreamDaemon runs under the mouse user, to limit what that service can do outside of hosting the world.

With this user/service setup, any files that DreamDaemon might work on must be readable and writable by mouse, one way or another.

I took the time to correct ownersip and/or permissions on the world's directory (to mouse:house, u+rw g+rw), as well as /home/dog/.byond and /home/cat/.byond

By the way, is there a list of longer explanations for the BUG: -type lines that show up in the world log?
There isn't a list like that, no.