ID:2019386

(See the best response by Konlet.)
So i am coding a new game soon to be on byond but my code runs fine and the game runs fast but when i decide to turn on the shadows code for the objects it takes like 3 mins to open the game is there a way to fix this?
Best response
We really can't help until you show us some snippets of code.
Does the game crash? sounds like an infinite loop. There's definitely something wrong with your shadows system.
Likely the shadow system is looping through every object in the world on startup and you have a fuckton of objects.
I'm not sure what shadow generation library you're using but if its mine (which needs a lot of work and optimisation now that I look back at it), I'd recommend you change the way shadows are generated. For the sake of the demo all it did was generate a shadow for all atoms, which YOU SHOULD NOT do.

Like Ter mentionned, you're probably generating all the shadows on world startup. I'd suggest you find a way to generate the shadows only for a few elements in your game or, find a way to generate the shadow gradually so it doesn't do it all at once when world starts.
ah ok thankyou
Kidpaddle ill try your solution and Ter13 i think you are right
Kidpaddle it is your code