Yeah, there was a minor bug in that. Thanks for reporting it. It has been fixed. One thing I'm interested to know: Did you attempt to implement the client or the server-side approach?
ok ill try the client side approach
In response to Zoblod
Zoblod wrote:
ok ill try the client side approach

Actually, I was asking you which one you tried. I already knew the answer. The error you ran into was in the client-side approach section, meaning you didn't actually read the whole post.

You can't just copy-paste without reading/understanding the theory behind what you are doing and expect it to work out okay.

Read the entire post I linked. Thank you for running into that error, but had you tried the server-side approach, or actually read the post, you wouldn't have found that error. By telling me you are going to try to use the client-side approach, you are telling me you didn't read.
yah i read the whole post
ill re read it cuz i only understood some of the theory
In response to Zoblod
Zoblod wrote:
ill re read it cuz i only understood some of the theory

If you have trouble understanding something in that post, ask me a specific question about the part you don't understand. Maybe I explained something poorly. I'd be happy to clarify.
i dont understand the floor and celing calculations and also the part about informing screen objects when the screen view has changed
i dont understand the floor and celing calculations

floor and ceil calculations are rounding functions. It's a way of getting a whole number from a number with a decimal component.

floor() rounds downward, while ceil() rounds upward, is the simplest way to put it.

floor(1.5) would result in a value of 1, while ceil(1.5) would result in a value of 2. floor(2.1) would result in a value of 2, while ceil(2.1) would result in a value of 3.

As for informing screen objects when the view area has been changed, this is important for dynamic view sizes. If you want your screen size to change dynamically, you need to account for this by building your user interface to respond to changes in view size.

That second bit, I can't explain much better than that. If the view size changes, obviously where you draw things on top of that view will also change.
ok
Page: 1 2