In response to Travylleb
LOL don't do that I need an pixel artist :D
Nah work with me on my One Punch Man Game.
Ignore those who seek to dispirit you; they have nothing better to do and are not to be taken seriously.

These two are your best by far for your style of art. And they're both really really good...
Those are indeed the best, but the colors and stuff got better toward the end.

Be a bit nicer in the future, Exentriks.

Regards,

Empirez
In response to EmpirezTeam
Why are you guys listening to Justina Bieber
So like I still need some pixel artesting help 0.0
In response to Dragonpearl123
Dragonpearl123 wrote:
So like I still need some pixel artesting help 0.0

What do you need help with? Show us some of your work, and I can help with pointers.
In response to Ter13
My work

Nothing
Why don't you make something, then? It's not hard. Even if it turns out bad, just put some time into it. That's the best thing you can do when you have nothing to show.
In response to Vrocaan
That was my intention until they ripped up Travvyleb over his work, and to me it looked pretty good.
Dragonpearl123 wrote:
Nothing

That's an awesome rectangle! Great job man! Keep up the good work! Two thumbs up!
In response to EmpirezTeam
Stop sugarcoating shit. It's clear that his rectangle is too skinny and is nutrient deprived. That's why it's so pale. Give it a little more fat and make sure to feed it more fruits and stuff
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Stop sugarcoating shit. It's clear that his rectangle is too skinny and is nutrient deprived. That's why it's so pale. Give it a little more fat and make sure to feed it more fruits and stuff

All I'm trying to say is, the poor kid might give up on drawing rectangles unless you start lying to him like everyone else.
Dragonpearl123 wrote:
That was my intention until they ripped up Travvyleb over his work, and to me it looked pretty good.

Honestly, you are best off Pagerbanning Empirez and GreatPirateEra these days. They are just here to amuse themselves with other peoples' drama. I wouldn't worry about them ripping into you. It means literally nothing.

What kind of art do you want to make? What kinds of games' art do you appreciate? Take a look at some of the games you like, and start looking at specific pieces of art to try to understand a general style. That's the first place to look. Then start trying to draw and understand that style, and over time with practice and self-criticism you will start to develop your own.
He doesn't have to worry about me ripping into him. Can't you see? I'm a nice guy now. I congratulated him, and as a matter of fact, from here on out, I'm going to

There is nothing better at killing a desire to improve than complimenting.
Dragonpearl123 wrote:
Hello fellow people on byond who have nothing better to do then read this post, guess what......drum roll please......I need advice, sources, links; we know all that good byond stuff everyone asks for. Anyhow I was wondering if iconning on byond is possible with a glitched out mouse. I never iconned before and my imagination is as wide as your gym socks are clean. Notice I said ICONNING and not SPRITING, also scratch my earlier statement I the iconning does not have to be on byond, but anything that can be converted to the standard .dmi file byond uses. Any of that good byond link tutorial stuff would be really appreciated. Unless any of you guys would like to do it for me :D.

I would say that much of the good stuff that you see from pixel art comes from the genuine enjoyment of it rather than some natural talent at it. Pixel art is cathartic by nature--if you can derive some sense of satisfaction/enjoyment out of it while in the process of creating pixel art, you will inevitably get better at it through repetition so long as you keep an open mind.

You don't need a state-of-the-art mouse to do pixel art--in fact, it hardly makes a difference. To start off, try and find a particular style you enjoy; my own personal go-to was the chibi-style sprites from Final Fantasy VI. From there, you can slowly derive your own style. Also, look into color theory!
Hey man, you definitely improved. I would say the chest needs work as it appeared a little too rectangular at the bottom. The forearms look a little skinny, not sure how to work on those tbh.

Your colors are spot on, no issues there.

As far as the criticism goes, you guys can keep fooling yourselves into thinking you're acting out of the benefit of another, but an asshole is an asshole, and you're being just that. You know who you are.

To Travylleb, you're going to have to learn to take what you can from people like that and leave the rest, there are plenty of people like that who feed off seeing others care about their idiocy. Don't let it keep you down, and remember why you started doing this in the first place. Hopefully it was out of enjoyment.
Unfortunately if you keep typing the truth long enough, eventually someone, somewhere is going to call you an asshole.

Facts of life. You should read Mark Twain.
Page: 1 2 3