ID:2025885

Been trying to install dreamdaemon for about 2 hours now on a terminal CentOS [6.4 64bit]. Unfortnunately I am stuck on an error

DreamDaemon Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libbyond.so cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

The problem is in the byond bin folder if i ls libbyond.so is clearly in there along with both the libstdc++ libs that I downloaded off this site.

I even installed the 32bit i686 lib [sudo yum install glibc.i686]

What could be the problem?

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
root/byond/bin:
echo $BYOND_SYSTEM
root/byond

*Edit*
First time working with linux really and I just learned about the ldd command which shows exactly what dependencies a file needs to run

Cant copy paste from this shell so sorry if I get lazy:
ldd byond/bin/DreamDaemon
linux-gate.so.1=>found
libbyond.so=>not found
libtext.so=>not found
librt.so.1=>found
libstdc++.so.5=>not found
libm.so.6=>found
libgcc_s.so.1=>not found
libpthread.so.0=>found
libc.so.6=>found
libdl.so.2=>found

So I imma try copying the files into the /lib directory and seeing what happens

*Edit 2*
copying the lib files to the /lib directory worked! Half the problems gone!

from reading some stuff on the centos forums I see that even though I have the libgcc and the libstdc++ installed but they are the 64 bit versions. I'mma keep guessing and checking but I don't have a single clue what Im even doing anymore lmao.

DreamDaemon Error While Loading Shared Libraries: libstdc++.so.6 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory.

Well I guess centos is not lying because ls /lib does not show the libstdc++ lib.

But the problem is when I do
yum provides \*/libstdc++.so.6

it tells me its installed in 3 different places one from the base one from the x64 bit and one as the 32bit
Im pretty sure I've run this command 100times

but

yum install libstdc++.i686

worked for me EVERYTHING IS READY TO GOO FINALLY

Thanks me

No problem sexy