ID:2030488

PROBLEM 1(Critical, i cant use web client if not be solved) :
Tabs and verbs arent equal to DS, some tags arent listed on my web client and tabs with very much commands dont reorganize the verbs to all be visible,

what can i do to fix it?

PROBLEM 2:
My game need to download 234mb to open, idk whi so big download but its ok, the real problem is: the download dont math with players download speed, its take a long time to download it, and your connection cant make it faster.

After download we need to wait a very slow loading, to load 234 mb i had to wait 10 - 20 min i think

to solve it i only can think about two ways: make the game size smaller or fix some think i am doing wrong, anyone have some sugestion to make the loading/downloading time smaller?

PROBLEM 3:
All skin text are crazy, bold where shouldnot be bold, wrong font size etc.
How can i minimize this problem?

PROBLEM 4:
There are three rendering modes(Canvas 2D, GL high and GL low), what should be better and why?

well to test my problems i am letting my game link here, to anyone test and be a better opinion before answer ty all.

http://www.byond.com/play/embed/1000261865
Report anything to Beta Bugs..
Jkkkg wrote:
PROBLEM 1(Critical, i cant use web client if not be solved) :
Tabs and verbs arent equal to DS, some tags arent listed on my web client and tabs with very much commands dont reorganize the verbs to all be visible,

what can i do to fix it?

In what way don't they match? This needs a bug report. If you can show this in a demo that would be very helpful. (And be sure you're using the latest beta version for any webclient stuff!) If you can't distill the problem to the demo, you can send me your zipped source (or a private link to it). Be sure to include instructions on how to get through character creation stuff and get to a point where the bug is visible, and that way I can do the same thing on both DS and the webclient to compare what looks different.

The reason I need a demo or source is simple: These things are a million times easier to investigate when I'm running the server, and for a verb issue in particular I feel like it's almost a given that there's a server side to this bug.

PROBLEM 2:
My game need to download 234mb to open, idk whi so big download but its ok, the real problem is: the download dont math with players download speed, its take a long time to download it, and your connection cant make it faster.

Holy frell. That is so very, very bad. Even the biggest SS13 servers don't require anything past 60. Nobody's going to want to deal with a quarter-gigabyte download.

You need to take a look at your resources to figure out which items are the biggest, and pare them down. Icons are probably a tiny fraction of this; the most likely culprit is sound effects and music.

PROBLEM 3:
All skin text are crazy, bold where shouldnot be bold, wrong font size etc.
How can i minimize this problem?

Again this needs a demo, or source plus instructions. For instructions I need to know how to get to a point where I can compare results from the webclient and DS.

PROBLEM 4:
There are three rendering modes(Canvas 2D, GL high and GL low), what should be better and why?

GL high is the best; GL low is second-best but it's not really worth using unless your game has a high FPS.
In response to Lummox JR
Man ty for answers the game is now with 15 mb, loading/downloading problems are fixed :S(i was keeping backups of game since first versions in project folder, i think the big problem was map files of all versions),

about PROBLEM 1(tabs and verbs missing problem): i couldnt understand what u ask, are u asking my game src and dmb? and i foud a people with same problem than me:

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1995149

exactly same thing, in addition some tabs are missing on my web client too, its the problem with tabs and verbs and text format:

http://s2.postimg.org/mm108ud2h/exemplobuginterface.png
But id:1995149 was fixed. If you're having issues in the latest beta, then that needs a new report. It needs a demo that shows the problem, or else I need your source and, as I said, instructions on how to get past any character setup stuff so I can get to the point where the bug is visible.
In response to Lummox JR
when I updated to beta byond the problem of " tabs and missing verbs " was fix ( Thanks for the tip ) , however looking more carefully for the download size and loading I noticed that the longer the server remains online the client will increasing its download size and load size , have any idea what might be causing this ?

long ago I was experiencing byond web client and at first had the impression : " I would never use it." I'm really impressed with the progress that it had , I'm currently excited about the new paths that I'm viewing with web client now . I'm going to the end to be able to leave my server fully compatible with it , I'm close to it thanks to your help , thank you and congratulations to u and the team for their excellent work .