ID:2038832

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Thinking about the an interface implementation that is agnostic between DS and Web Client. The documentation & tutorials have left me unclear on a few things:

Can I use Javascript & HTML to build the interface for running in DreamSeeker? Or will it only work for the web client?

Are using the BYOND script files preferred or can I build it entirely with html files?

How would I use BYOND script files to define an interface for running in DreamSeeker? Can I reference byondclass divs from script files and push them to an a browser control using output?

Thanks for your help.
Best response
Strong123488 wrote:
Thinking about the an interface implementation that is agnostic between DS and Web Client. The documentation & tutorials have left me unclear on a few things:

Can I use Javascript & HTML to build the interface for running in DreamSeeker? Or will it only work for the web client?

It's for the webclient only. While you can use HTML and JavaScript in a browser control in DS, that's really not the same thing; the browser control is basically just for showing a web page. Some people have made complex interfaces out of the browser control alone, but those are from-scratch solutions that are unrelated to the stuff the webclient uses.

The webclient however lets you build brand new custom controls. Basically every single kind of interface control is defined by a .dms file, which contains some JavaScript, HTML, and sometimes styles. These interact with the compiled webclient.dart.js file that runs the whole show.

Are using the BYOND script files preferred or can I build it entirely with html files?

For the webclient, you'd need to use .dms files.