ID:2039733

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I know that there are many tools out there (including Notepad and Notepad++) that allows creation of JavaScript files using the '.js' extension.

However, I thought it would be a great idea to provide JavaScript file recognition support where you can simply include the ability to make '.js' files visible. You can even create '.js' files and access them to modify with ease. This is more of a convenience feature request for anything like webclient development.

Unlike '.dms' script files, '.js' do not need to be compiled with the source. Instead, the current methods for implementing '.js' files can still be used (involving single quotes, which help include such files inside the primary resource file).
They're visible if you have "Show all files" ticked.
Would be pretty sweet if we could edit them within Dream Maker though.
I forgot about that feature involving the ticking "Show all files" button. And yep, being able to edit '.js' files would be a great asset (especially with webclient usage on the rise).
and include .tpl (template, for those using javascript incremental dom update templating systems for html interfaces) .html .css .sass/.less (css pre processors) .txt and .conf as well.

Common text formats you might find in a byond project