ID:2042429

Descriptive Problem Summary:
All of a sudden Lag appeared out of nowhere, I had hosted a game on Dream Seeker on Friday, and Byond (Multiple Games) and went on vacation forgetting to stop hosting, started lagging on Monday, restarted comp and did all the steps mentioned below to no avail.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Turned off Anti Viruses

Restarted computer

Cleared Byond Cache

Re-installed Byond

Used both beta and stable version

Updated to most recent version

Called Time Warner Cable Customer Service

Expected Results:
Instant Fix
Actual Results:
Continuous Lag
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every game I play it is okay for about, 30 seconds then instant lag appears, sometimes it lags as soon as I log in
In other games?
Every Game
In other user accounts?
Haven't tried yet, but I suspect it is not
On other computers?
It doesn't Lag on other computers that is the weird part! I would've thrown it off as bad internet if it had.
When does the problem NOT occur?
On other Computers
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I haven't tested it yet.
Workarounds:

Use another computer, or cope with it.
There isn't enough info here for a bug report; I have nothing to investigate. As a first step, I would recommend turning on profiling to see if it reveals anything, because it's a strong bet that this is only a code problem.
In response to Lummox JR
I didn't add or remove anything to the code since February 12th. For some reason when I use static IP it is almost lagless.
What do you mean by "static IP"? Do you mean your local IP rather than your external IP, or what?

Whether you did anything to the code means nothing. If your game was running for days and suddenly is seeing lag, that doesn't rule out a code problem at all. You have to profile your code and look at what's happening to even begin to have a notion of where the lag is coming from.

I'm moving this to Developer Help. There's no indication whatsoever that a bug is actually in play.

Additionally, when you do report a bug, please note the word "Reproduce" in the "Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem" section. That's not asking what you tried to fix the problem; it's asking how to reproduce the problem.