ID:2042732

BYOND Version:510.1321
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 48.0.2564.116
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In the game "A Miner Adventure", clicking on the start links does nothing. Not sure when this started happening but I would expect it to be a regression. Looks like the start links are in a browser control.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- Launch game
- Click Single Player
- Click any "start" link

Expected Results:
The game mode should start

Actual Results:
nothing happens.

Workarounds:
Tried keyboard activation and the same thing happens.

Someone reported the issue for the first time on the hub page back on December 15th 2015.
Is there any info on which version this started happening in?

Browser controls haven't undergone a lot in the way of changes, so I'm baffled as to why this would suddenly start failing.
I took a look, and the only thing jumping out is that FA's JavaScript is broken.

var src = {call_JavaScript:function(){call_proc('client','call_JavaScript',arguments)},set_macros:function(){call_proc('client','set_macros',arguments)},get_medals:function(){call_proc('client','get_medals',arguments)},unlock_content:function(){call_proc('client','unlock_content',arguments)},disable_sound:function(){call_proc('client','disable_sound',arguments)},(init):function(){call_proc('client','(init)',arguments)}};

Note the (init). I believe that was meant to be "init", with or without quotes; otherwise it's looking for a var called init. There is a proc called init() in at least one page, but it's defined in a later script block.

I was able to start a game in adventure mode, although the single-player menu window didn't close--probably due to one of the JS errors I encountered.
I don't know what state it was left in and I couldn't tell you what version it was that I last played it. I had tried to start a single player adventure game and it didn't work for me. Maybe you worked around the issue in the debugger or perhaps a different series of clicks.

I'm not familiar with the (init): syntax so I can't help you there. Seems like he would have caught the issue had it been so straight forward.

It was a worthwhile game to keep near the top and I wonder if it's been dropping because it doesn't work and nobody said anything about it. I was giving it some consideration after playing 'Dig or Die' and realizing he was pretty far ahead of the curve at the time. It might even be him on another platform. Anyway, I wanted to visualize what his game would look like with 510.

I do have IE11 and have noticed a fair amount of mouse cursor flickering happening in recent builds which feels related.