ID:2044311

Vexatious is a platformer/sidescroller that will be released next week. The team and I have been working on this game for over a year.. mostly on the gravity and movement systems.

I say Vexatious is not a game for everybody; unless you have the patience for the game you will not be able to easily go through it. All the dangerous hazards you need to go through to beat a level will probably make you feel frustrated, like the testers, which is why the name "Vexatious" fits the game nicely.

Vexatious will release with at least 5 stages. Seems like a little; time and dedication is needed to create "perfect" levels for people to enjoy or... to meet vexation? Also, players will be able to achieve three medals on each level (bronze, silver, gold) if certain conditions are met when completing said level.

I have prepared a short video to show a bit of how the game looks.. it's not too much but here it is. Thumbs ups to liteCam for letting me record this.

Cheers.

https://youtu.be/kyxLSfdHpqQ
*I* moved it to off-topic, game creation news belongs in Game Updates by cross-posting it from the game's hub entry forum. Otherwise it goes off-topic, On Topic is more for stuff relating to BYOND itself outside of the show-off thread above.
Wow, way to delete criticism. Here's the gist of my post again.

1. Is liteCam causing your game to look like it can't handle frames or is it a separate issue. This is a serious issue to handle if you want people to play it.

2. Your graphics aren't the worst but they're not really what I'd consider acceptable. Especially look at the yellow lightning bolt thing. It had to awkwardly finish an animation or something and that wasn't appealing in the least. These are the things games critics will notice so you may want to fix them.

3. Nothing about your game looks terribly new. The impossible game or one of those elephant games or Super Karoshi seems to be your game, except they're all better. If your gameplay is just get to the portal safely that's fine, but you really need to up the ante of the puzzles if that's going to be it. Is there even any music?

Also, how does it take a year to do gravity? I can do gravity in literally 5 minutes. There's a constant acceleration towards the ground.
In response to Nadrew
Oh okay! Thought it was me. I will post all this later in hub page. Thanks you.