ID:2045128

Resolved
pixel_z offsets of overlays weren't respected when applied to screen objects.
BYOND Version:509
Operating System:N/A
Web Browser:N/A
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
I'm playing around SIDE-MAP, and it's going great except any overlay/images' offsets get lost when I add them to screen when using pixel_z. Seems odd since they're virtually interchangeable, except for SIDE-MAP's layer difference.

I would just apply said atom's pixel_z to pixel_y upon displaying it but these atoms have multiple overlays with their own pixel offsets as well.

Honestly the two behaviors should probably be reversed, pixel_y remaining identical across all formats and pixel_z inheriting the layering feature for the sake of consistency.
What you're asking runs directly against the whole point of the var. It sounds like you're trying to use it for a purpose it wasn't intended for.
I'm trying to add atoms to a client's screen and wish to have them appear as they are on the map. Some of the overlays in the atom have a pixel_z var to adjust their position (since I'm using SIDE_MAP pixel_y would shift their layer as well as position which I don't want).

Upon adding said atom to a client's screen pixel_z is lost entirely (so the overlays position is not as on the map) which I don't see exactly why that is.
Pixel offsets are not respected by screen objects, unless they're on an image or overlay. You simply need to position the screen_loc correctly.
Ah, I could of sworn they were. Well, back to the drawing board I go.
Is there a possibility of an overlay's pixel offset to be saved somehow?
Is there a possibility of an overlay's pixel offset to be saved somehow?

Can you elaborate?
If you have an overlay attached to an atom that has a pixel offset, I'd like it if overlays weren't subject to the same pixel offset loss as the atoms being added to a client screen.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Pixel offsets are not respected by screen objects, unless they're on an image or overlay.

He did say the pixel_z was on an overlay.

Yeah I remember pixel_y/x working, misread and thought none of the offsets work but only z doesn't.
Pixel offsets should always work on an overlay. The code doesn't really allow for them not to.
It doesn't for pixel_z, which was my very unclear point, sorry about that. I thought this was intended behavior, I guess this is a bug then?
Yep, looks like it is a bug. I'll move this to Bug Reports.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
pixel_z offsets of overlays weren't respected when applied to screen objects.