ID:2057765

you can gain a better sense of depth for cliffs if you make it more wavey instead of straight across.
Make sure you place your logs near your {NPC} Trainer, so players never have to leave the training room to level up their jutsus
Always model buildings as Klein bottle. That way, you don't need to have your players walk through doors—or any opening at all!—in order for them to get outside.
im pretty sure theres like a "rule" for 2d games where having three straight tiles that do nothing, or are exactly the same, is considered no-no
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
Always model buildings as Klein bottle. That way, you don't need to have your players walk through doors—or any opening at all!—in order for them to get outside.

Bruh don't give them the secrets on my mobius strip infinite map trick.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Bruh don't give them the secrets on my mobius strip infinite map trick.

I'm not, I'm extending it. A Klein bottle has an empty boundary so it's better than a Möbius strip (for sufficient definitions of better).
Please expand on this "Klein Bottle" you speak of.
In response to Luchasi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klein_bottle

It's a non-orientable, two-dimensional manifold without boundary, though it can not be immersed in three-dimensional space without self-intersection.
Popisfizzy wrote:
It's a non-orientable, two-dimensional manifold without boundary, though it can not be immersed in three-dimensional space without self-intersection.

Huh? The picture on that wiki page directly contradicts that doesn't it? If I picture it in 2d then I can see it not intersection, but in 3d it HAS to, like the picture on the wiki.

Either way fuk u man mobius strip is da fuchor.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Huh? The picture on that wiki page directly contradicts that doesn't it? If I picture it in 2d then I can see it not intersection, but in 3d it HAS to, like the picture on the wiki.

Not sure what you're referring to? If you're looking at it locally, a Klein bottle is just gonna look like the plane (that's what it means to be a two-dimensional manifold), while looking at it globally required embedding it in some higher-dimensional space.
Somehow I feel like this thread was derailed because PIF had a TIL moment and needed an excuse to share.

Back to the topic: Ctrl+Click, Shift+Click, and Alt+Click are jesus.
Not sure what you're referring to? If you're looking at it locally, a Klein bottle is just gonna look like the plane (that's what it means to be a two-dimensional manifold), while looking at it globally required embedding it in some higher-dimensional space.

/r/iamverysmart
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Somehow I feel like this thread was derailed because PIF had a TIL moment and needed an excuse to share.

I just wanted to make a joke about how a Klein bottle is unoriented (in a higher-dimensional embedding, it looks like it has a sort of 'inside' and an 'outside', but really they're the same; hence, going from inside to outside without passing through any sort of opening); it was someone else who asked what I was referring to specifically.

Also, the thread had been dead for nearly two months before that person asked about it.

Ter13 wrote:
/r/iamverysmart

kek