ID:2063449

First, look at this: http://www.tibia.com/news/?subtopic=newsarchive&id=3520 I mean, this is actually a great idea for 2d games to get some visibility back; and it doesnt seem to be something hard to do, actually I don't have any idea if its feasible or not; I just saw that and thought "Gosh, thats really a good idea..." Anyone agree? And if so, any idea on how to make something like this? I didnt try to mess up with client color yet, nor read anything about it but... is this vasible using client colors? or maybe a library for VRs?
4/1/2016
1. Stereoscopic 3D (anaglyph in this case) by itself is not virtual reality.
2. You can already play BYOND games in virtual reality through Virtual Desktop and similar applications that project your monitor onto floating panels or arcade machines. It'll still be flat, though.
3. If you want to make a 3D game, just don't use BYOND. Easy.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
1. Stereoscopic 3D (anaglyph in this case) by itself is not virtual reality.
2. You can already play BYOND games in virtual reality through Virtual Desktop and similar applications that project your monitor onto floating panels or arcade machines. It'll still be flat, though.
3. If you want to make a 3D game, just don't use BYOND. Easy.

but we'd just like to have 3d BYOND glasses, thats all. like imagine how much immersion there would be in ss13 if you could not only play the game but BE in the game. you could get tazed by shitcurity and actually feel electrical currents running through your body! your heart could actually stop! you could actually die for real in real life! sky is the limit here bro
Step 1: Get Google Cardboard (you can get some pretty good plastic Google Cardboard headsets with head straps for like $25 USD on Amazon).
Step 2: Find app that streams desktop to android in VR (2 screens next to eachother. Ex: http://trinusvr.com/).
Step 3: Play literally almost any/every PC game in VR using your phone as a VR headset.

You can get fancier too if you want head-tracking by using webcam software. There's open-source and free programs for this. Use Google.
With the webclient (as long it is properly supported), it could work.

Haven't messed with WebGL for some time for 3D work due to some interesting initialization issues that popup sometimes if a browser takes way too long to load. Especially a bigger problem with Firefox where a recent version of a demo/experiment would not load 95% of the time.
In response to Bandock
Bandock wrote:
With the webclient (as long it is properly supported), it could work.

Haven't messed with WebGL for some time for 3D work due to some interesting initialization issues that popup sometimes if a browser takes way too long to load. Especially a bigger problem with Firefox where a recent version of a demo/experiment would not load 95% of the time.

Sounds very similar to my problem. I cannot load most projects in the web-client, whereas a very simple project will load. It also shoots out various webGL errors and warnings that I didn't always get.